1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Were you using Steam sign-in before the site upgrade? If so, then read here

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by lukemurawski, Apr 19, 2013.

1. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

If you were using Steam sign-in before the site was upgraded, and now you see your name as szSteam_1234567890, then post here with a new username that you want. You can link your Steam account again after we change the username for you.

2. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

"Adward" please mate!

3. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Username "Adward" was taken, so I made it Adward1 for now. I added you on Steam, so please contact me for your changed password. We can change your username again if you'd like.

4. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

I was using both forum and Steam logins... there is a way to merge both in a single one?

5. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

I did too, just went in to the settings and then to "Steam Account Link" on the left. :)

By the way Luke, I really love this kind of steam login, giving me the flexibility of having my unique name that doesn't change when I change steams name and plus the avatar. :cheer2:

6. erik

erik MG Donor

I need links to both:
    -Adward http://mgftw.com/member.php/11213-Adward
    -Adward 1 http://mgftw.com/member.php/11485-Adward1

The former is the one w/ the correct registered email address.

The latter is the luke_web one.

This one requires a merging.

Give me a minute, thanks,

7. erik

erik MG Donor

Login as usual. Then, use the signin through steam.

Confirm "yes" to link.

8. erik

erik MG Donor

If you have a screen name now like szSteam_1234567890, you can get your STEAM_ID or even, as admins or other forum users, find out who the user is w/ the wierd name.

Until it's changed, the Steam ID Finder is a great tool. It's what I use to, like I said, identify who's who until we get their name changed properly.

Here's an example. I pasted the szSteam_1234567890 name into the Steam ID Finder and removed all but the #'s.

[​IMG]

1.) We will look up your luke_web screen name.
    2.) We will need a valid account email address to send password resets to.
    3.) In many cases, there is already a preexisting account at said email address.
    4.) If this is a case, we need to MERGE both accounts.
    5.) You will keep posts from both accounts. The Source Account (old/"from" account,) will be deleted and blended into the Destination (new/"to" account.)

This only takes seconds. It's easy and we can get it out of the way.