1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Weeping Angels!

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by szSteam_76561197982626873, Aug 10, 2012.

1. "Don't turn your back. Don't look away. Don't even blink. DON'T BLINK!"
    - The Doctor

I'm a fan of the Doctor Who series and I'm hoping to see some new enemies for our game servers, starting with the Weeping Angels.

If you haven't watch the Doctor Who series or you don't know what a Weeping Angel is, it's best to look here (contains spoilers!) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weeping_Angels

I'm hoping these will add more sense to rushers and/or farmers who are ruining the game for other players and hopefully for themselves because these Weeping Angels can kill you instantly if you look away from them!

So if you keep your eyes on them for an entire without looking away, you might just live.

The only mod I know that works on this is Garry's Mod but I don't have it but I've seen videos of it regarding to the Weeping Angels and wondering if it can be imported into Left 4 Dead 2.

I'm hoping this will be an interest to other players or the admins to have this implanted at some point in the future.

Here is a video to give you more visual details :)
    [video=youtube_share;MGwFnj3pDz8]http://youtu.be/MGwFnj3pDz8[/video]

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, there are statue models in game and they can be very scary if used right :p

However, L4D2 is not a horror game.. or not to me at least.. Surely this sounds fun, but would you like if i wanted to add some "hollows" from some random anime to mess up your gameplay? [​IMG]

3. I would like to experience the real stuff from Doctor Who instead :D

But I would like to have other member's opinion on this suggestion first :)

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Well, that video scared the hell out of me xD

5. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

To be perfectly honest I love this idea.

The weeping angels will probably have to be witches. I am also sure that witches can be forced to move in a certain direction, rapidly if needs be, or even teleport-style/glitch movement.
    The hard part is detecting the survivor's eye movement away from the witch. Forcing her to stop is another problem that comes to mind.

6. Ping

Ping Guest

Change the model of boomers to daleks and instead of vomit you have the lasers :P

/win

7. Angel

Angel MG Donor

Who called?

8. Let's stay on topic please =P

9. Phobia

Phobia Guest

Have you never watched Doctor Who? You need to!

[video=youtube;5jr7XBOJQBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jr7XBOJQBk[/video]

10. Ping

Ping Guest

David tennant best doctor by far

matt smith is alright :P

11. Hitsu

Hitsu Banned

hey man, the weeping angel idea is gr8 :), just like what crazy rabbit have recently suggested the new tank Solomon Grundy, it would certainly be scary, exciting & fun to kill those bad ass. ;)

12. Godzillan

Godzillan Junior Member

An actual good cure (kinda) for rushers and farmers?
    Sure I am up for it.

13. Just to remind you guys that Weeping Angels are indestructible.

14. Ping

Ping Guest

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

15. Popshotz

Popshotz Guest

Would it not be better to use the Silence?
    Have a Slender style enemy for those rushers.

View attachment 2007

16. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Would like to see some thing that kills the rushers!