1. Click here to join our community discord server.

!votemute access for donors

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Penguin, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Duncan

Duncan New Member

I don't think thats not the point of this, you are talking about a dick that deserves a ban, that can't be fixed with a mute because that player may do that to others and make them leave the server. Some guys from dss guild did that to me last year.

I think sometimes it's necessary a votemute so we dont have to kick a new player for minor offenses, in time they may learn how to behave so I dont like to kick them just because some mic spamming. On the other hand I like your idea of just a "mute" for player like some french guy who talks a lot of crap in versus but Im not gonna say his name. I'm ok with offtopic chat and talk in game, but I get pissed when a new guy try to boss a team full of veterans :S

I also like the idea of showstats, because some guys don't always wear the guild tag. But I don't think the repot idea could be useful, since reporting shouldn't be enough without demos or screenshots with proof to suport it. People could report other players they dont like without a valid reason.

2. TaLi

TaLi Guest

i dunno how to quote properly here so..

"On the other hand I like your idea of just a "mute" for player like some french guy who talks a lot of crap in versus but Im not gonna say his name. I'm ok with offtopic chat and talk in game, but I get pissed when a new guy try to boss a team full of veterans :S "

also true, many times it isnt mic spamming but it is in a foreign langauge that i cannot understand so to me it becomes mic spamming, i dont understand them, cant help them, cant be helped by them, its useless.

"I also like the idea of showstats, because some guys don't always wear the guild tag. But I don't think the repot idea could be useful, since reporting shouldn't be enough without demos or screenshots with proof to suport it. People could report other players they dont like without a valid reason."

Reporting is a means for admins to collect data about what happens when they aren't in game. for example if player Duncan recieved 24 reports and 23 of them were from lvl 1 players, it must be nothing. but if he got most of these reports from valid trusted team angels/team pillars long term players (another reason to keep a good rep) then there is something the admins should look into.

most importantly is the mute option since really it means u choose who u want to listen to and who u dont. if its as simple as using the !buy menu or the !cp then it will take minutes for us to get the hang of it and we will have peaceful games all the time. all - the - time. that's heaven <3

3. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

BTW
    there used to be a votegag thing here... What happpened to it? i don't know if it's mentioned before on this thread, but i'm too lazy to read it all :D

-Jav

4. Duncan

Duncan New Member

The french guy I used as reference speak english in game, but still, Hes annoying as hell. I don't mind people saying "hello" to their friends in their lenguage, but I agree that LONG voice conversations where you dont know what they are talking about and you cant participate are annoying. I have read the term "foreign langauge" a few times in this post, servers are around the globe so "foreign" seems inapropiate.

Reports in game are generic, therefore useless. rep status doesnt really mean a thing about the person, and the same goes for veteran players. And even more, high lvl players can be very mean (calling other players f.. noobs and things like that) and sometimes they also bully the new guys, so you can't ignore their reports based on their levels. Besides if someone report me for something I will want to know who he/she is and also to see the demo/ss of the incident so I can tell my side of the story, you cant just report and expect some admin take action without any proof. I know this is a complicated issue because I was once an admin of another game for two years, and in my experience you can only trust reports that players provide to you personally or something like sourcebans where they can attach the demos.

And what do you expect to happen to the reported players anyway, admins may keep an eye on them at most, but I dont think they will be following every reported player to see if he/she make something bad :S It's one thing to provide some tools to players to keep the game in order, and another to turn the dicipline system of the server into an inquisition. besides we already got the admins among our steam friends, we got the forum, and we got source bans.

5. TaLi

TaLi Guest

like i said and going back to original topic this is about muting people u dont want to listen to, and for me the ability to mute specific people privatley without making a vote out of it would be awesome