1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Veteran pistol and hunting reward.

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by dT_Tb, Jul 12, 2014.

1. dT_Tb

dT_Tb Member

Hi all, Maxwell's demon asked me this question a few days ago but I'm not quite sure about the answer so could you guys help me on this :)

OK, here is the story. I know veteran pistol has 300-400% damage and hunting reward "Increases attack damage by 1% each 5 common infected killed". But how are they combined?

Say I'm using a pistol with 300% damage and killed 20 common infected, what attack damange will I get?
    300%+(1%*(20/5))=304%
    or
    300%*(100%+1%*(20/5))=312%

Thank you.

2. erik

erik MG Donor

I don't use hunting reward anymore. I had it for 2 months or so, and I saw no such damage increase. I only use Veteran Pistols as my weapon, also. My guess is that Hunting Reward doesn't work with vets.

3. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Here is how it works:

damage_after_upgrades = initial_damage*(upgrade_percet_sum/100.0)

damage_after_skills = damage_after_upgrades*(skill_percent_sum/100.0)

damage_after_buffs = damage_after_skills*( (buff_percent_sum + clan_buff_percent_sum)/100.0)

After this, the damage passes trough the victim damage reduction upgrades, skills, buffs and clan buffs following the same order.