1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Very strange.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tricky, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I recently changed my mouse as my last one died. It's nothing special and is in fact so cheap on the underside it's labelled as an 'optical moose' (Snazzy.)
    Regardless, the problem i'm having is when I first plugged it in, it didn't work. I couldn't select my user to log on. I dug out an OLD mouse that is really no good for me at this time to get past the login screen. After I did this, I plugged the new mouse in and it installed drivers.. after that, it worked fine. I restarted the system and the mouse stopped working.. I done the same thing as mentioned before and this time it worked fine without having to install drivers (which was expected as they're already installed.) Why does the mouse not work from boot but works fine if I plug it in after boot up?

TL;DR My mouse doesn't respond if plugged in from boot but works fine if I plug it in after start-up.

Thanks in advance for all and any comments,

Tricky.

2. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Weird, try reinstalling the drivers?

But the real crux of this thread is the fact that EVERYONE should want an Optical MOOSE.

3. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

I can see why you'd suggest this but if it works after start up wouldn't that mean the drivers are fine?

4. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

I've been building PC's along time.... You learn things from diagnosing hardware issues etc... Keyboard shortcuts ftw ;)