1. Click here to join our community discord server.

US COOP Custom maps!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jul 26, 2013.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

2. TaLi

TaLi Guest

thank you!! much needed

this is my favorite server now and the fact that it can keep updating with new campaigns is just beautiful <3

3. marvel

np :)

I'm working on the server right now though to fix some crashes, expect it to be restarted now and then.

Sorry for the trouble but hopefully after this we're able to play dead before dawn and other campaigns as well!

4. when i played that campaign on the server,it showed ''i hate moutains 2(1.5)'' when i pressed Tab.

5. marvel

It could be 2 it's just the one from the workshop just download our vpk pack and you should be fine with every map

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

6. marvel

I believe custom coop is stable right now. We've played 3 full campaigns last night which included 2 Shaman tanks, Metalized tanks and bomber tanks and no crashes. It ran for almost 20 hours until I manually restarted it. There was a drainer tank issue first (everybody instantly dies) so I disabled that form spawning for now.

So this means all 13 custom campaigns are back in rotation.

As for the vote system, the auto vote map popup doesn't work all the time so that's disabled. You'll now get a hint text (center screen) to notify you of the possibility to use !mapvote on the final map.

I think we'll stick with this map pack for now since it's already 5 gb extracted, and Steam Workshop doesn't work at this time anyway (no new stuff can be uploaded, it always errors out). So we'll probably start adding maps again once Valve fixes that.

I'm also thinking of a EU custom COOP server, if there's enough request for it. Maybe even Asia.

7. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Will the maps with map vote disabled automatically rotate to the next map or will it crash and restart the campaign again? Also, EU co-op sounds perfect :D

8. marvel

It will automatically go to the next campaign, same as if there are no votes.

9. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Ty for the hard work :D

10. marvel

It will be down for a while guys, I need to re-install the entire server.

11. clark009

clark009 Junior Member

can you bring back coop 16 player,because i want join but always full pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:smiley-signs101::smiley-signs101::smiley-signs101::smiley-signs101::smiley-signs101::smiley-signs101:

12. Mapvote system now is usable on all pr-coop servers?

13. marvel

Only on coop #2 servers. It's more like a test to see if ppl like the vote system.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

14. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

There is a fix to all our missing content problems, thanks to Rayman1103. You can download it from L4Dmaps.com http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=26132

What this does:

The following maps were broken when Valve removed this particular Cold Stream content -

Last Summer
    Dead Before Dawn DC
    Urban Flight
    Salt Hell Park
    Precinct 84
    Back To School
    Blood Tracks
    Undead Zone Public Beta
    Never Ending War
    Yama
    Last Volt

There may be more, but by downloading this we exclude all current content issues, because this fixes any of those problems.

Just on a side note, are we going to run any of these in Versus mode? Some of these maps are just brilliant when you look at them from the Versus side of things. I was giggling like a school girl when I saw some awesome Boomer slap and Karma charge spots. Also, a personal request - the campaign 25 to Life is brilliant http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121073886

15. marvel

Nice I'll add that fix and that campaign to the next update. Already added the campaign to the workshop collection.

16. marvel

Wow Steam Workshop upload works again so I added that missing content fix to the workshop as well. It's in the collection :)

About versus mode, yeah probably but it requires a lot of tweaking. I don't want a 10v10 custom versus server with 16 bots and 4 humans so that's a challenge. I need to figure out something for versus to dynamic spawn survivor bots like in coop so there will be no bot players. Too much bot players is what usually make people quit versus.

17. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

18. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

You're starting to get comments about adding the content fix and people aren't too happy about it. I would make it Friends-only and see if it can still be grabbed via the Collection page, this can save it from being removed for violation which I'm sure people are already reporting it for.

19. marvel

lol yeah I noticed.

It's hidden now but it's still in the collection. I'll delete it once Rayman uploads his.

20. marvel