1. Click here to join our community discord server.

US COOP Custom maps!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jul 26, 2013.

1. TaLi

TaLi Guest

dunno if it was mentioned here (couldnt read 5 pages its almost 5 am here lol)
    it seems that donors can't vote to change map in this server
    is it on purpose or just cant be done with the addons server?

other than that just played like 4 hours on this server it was so much fun, campaigns selection is very good
    i got mine on l4dmaps.com cause the steam workshop crashed my game every time i launched it.

very very fun to play had an awesome time!!

2. not a single back to school game goes by without crashes and missing textures.

3. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

The server is rotating custom campaigns that could be changed at anytime, coding would have to be done to add them to a vote list which would also need updating all the time a campaign is added/removed. I think you either play through the campaign that comes up or you have to get an admin to manually change it for you.

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Alright I'll add voting and I'll remove back to school and add I hate mountains.

I need a minute though :P

5. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

As I received a ticket response from Steam support regarding Steam Workshop (didn't help me though) maybe one of you it will help in some way.

1. Close the Steam application
    2. Type steam://flushconfig into to URL address in web browser and hit enter. Allow application to run. And then launch the Steam.

This settings remove steamlibraries on other disc partitions so to add them again:
    Open Steam and click Steam>Settings>Downloading>Steam Library Folders and then select SteamLibrary folder.

6. marvel

Ok update:

- Removed Back to School (due to crash).
    - Added campaign vote option on final map (use !mapvote if the vote menu doesn't display by itself).
    - Added campaign Death Woods.
    - Added campaign I Hate Mountains.

Please subscribe to all on our collection. We leave maps that currently crash in there, because you never know when we solve this crash we can re-add them to the rotation.

Campaigns currently in rotation:

Suicide Blitz 2
    Warcelona
    Diescraper Redux
    Blood Proof
    Detour Ahead
    Urban Flight
    City 17
    I Hate Mountains
    Death Woods

7. ummm,I have a question.Is the campaign vote only usable on final map,and why?

8. Penguin

Penguin Guest

is that the first i hate mountains or the second? checking as i struggle to find a IHM for L4D2

9. marvel

The vote window automatically pops up on the final map, it's kinda pointless to vote on the first or 2nd map of a new campaign for the next campaign. A lot of players that voted are already connected/disconnected by then.

So if you manually type !mapvote that will only be available on the final map as well.

If you mean voting to change the map in the middle of a campaign, I don't want to enable that because ppl will start votes throughout the entire campaign.

10. marvel

The first one, just use the workshop one.

11. TaLi

TaLi Guest

thing is sometimes there arent admins around and for example today the server kept disconnecting cause of tanks in finale.
    donor voting (like in regular coop) is kind of a way to move on to next campaign if finale keeps crashing the server. if we just vote for what we want next and we are stuck in a finale forever... voting doesnt help.
    played finale of suicide blitz 5 times in a row today (cause of server crashing due to tanks) until an admin joined and helped get us through to next campaign

also: is it death woods or dead woods? can only find dead woods on l4dmaps.com
    can't use steam workshop, tried and it didnt work for me had to remove the subs

12. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Death Woods

13. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

On the map 'I hate mountains' a !votemap cant be called on the finale, (It says it can only be called on scavenge or on a finale map.) Once the finale is over, the server kicks all players then restarts the campaign.

14. erik

erik MG Donor

15. viethai2207

viethai2207 MG Donor

The back to school too ?
    though it was remove already

16. marvel

Yep, my fault. Same as on death woods that's fixed now.

The problem with custom maps is that there almost has to be a (root) admin online all the time to play it smooth.

Anyway I removed all unneeded plugins to make it more stable. I hope it helps. At least voting should work right now.

17. erik

erik MG Donor

ACS works good so far.

18. TaLi

TaLi Guest

umm i dunno if u know but myself and other players have mentioned that the workshop subscription is crashing our game to desktop when game loads addons, also some experienced steam completely freezing and needed to be shut down through processes.
    i dont know what the deal is with not linking to the maps on l4dmaps.com, there should be an alternative way to dl these maps if people choose not to use workshop.
    i downloaded them all on this website and they work perfectly

19. marvel

There's a workaround for that in the first post.

But np I'll zip all the VPKs we use and upload them, create a few mirrors so that you don't have to use the workshop.

20. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

You are a beautiful man.