1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

US COOP Custom maps!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jul 26, 2013.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

We are running custom maps now on one US COOP server. Maps we've added are:

Suicide Blitz 2
    Warcelona
    Diescraper Redux
    Blood Proof
    Detour Ahead
    Urban Flight
    City 17
    I Hate Mountains 2
    Death Woods
    We don't go to Ravenholm
    Kokiri Forest
    Dead Before Dawn DC
    Back to School

If you want to play on this server you need to subscribe to our steam workshop collection. To do this open Steam, Click community and click Workshop. Click Left 4 Dead 2 and Click on the tab collections. Enter mgftw in the search box and click search. Click the collection and hit Subscribe to all.

Note: It can take a while to download all the items depending on your internet speed since it's ~3 GB.

If you want to add or remove maps just post with a request and we can always do that. Remember that the map has to be on workshop because not all maps are available there!

UPDATE

If you don't want to use workshop download our map pack from one of the following locations:

US 1 gbps mirror: http://mirror.mgftw.com/maps/mgftw_custom_maps_v1.zip
    EU 1 gbps mirror: http://mgftw.com/maps/mgftw_custom_maps_v1.zip
    EU 1 gbps mirror #2: http://mirror2.mgftw.com/maps/mgftw_custom_maps_v1.zip

UPDATE 2: MORE VPKS HAVE BEEN ADDED PLZ DOWNLOAD THESE AS WELL

US 1 gbps mirror: http://mirror.mgftw.com/maps/mgftw_custom_maps_v1_1_addon.zip

EU 1 gbps mirror: http://mgftw.com/maps/mgftw_custom_maps_v1_1_addon.zip
    EU 1 gbps mirror #2: http://mirror2.mgftw.com/maps/mgftw_custom_maps_v1_1_addon.zip

So if you already downloaded v1 you only have to download 1.1 and add the VPKs. If you don't have anything you need to download both packs.

This matches the server. I will change the version number whenever they update. Put the content directly in your left4dead2/left4dead2/addons folder so not in the workshop folder!!

The server IP is:

204.188.252.135:27015 mgftw.com US Custom | Points Reloaded 10-COOP

If there's demand we will add servers on other locations as well.

Update on map load error:

A lot of players seem to get the error:

Host_Error: CMapLoadHelper::Init, unable to open maps/<mapname> when they try to join the custom maps server.

The reason for this is the terrible way in which Steam Workshop handles addons. If you launch L4D2 you can see an animated circle left from the addons menu option which means it's processing all your workshop addons.

At that time your addons are not available yet so if you join the custom map server before it's ready it throws out that error message and crashes your game.

To work around this, wait for the addon process to complete (circle disappears) then join the server (hit ~ and type connect 204.188.252.134:27015 or use openserverbrowser).

So never click a friend and choose join game because it will always throw out that error. Make sure you start a clean L4D2 game first, then join the server when it's ready.

If you want to fix this permanent, use our map packs. If you still get the error then check our steam group to see if we added new maps that you don't have!

Client crashes on some maps:

If you get client crashes on some maps please remove the improved blood textures package.

2. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Just so you all know, the total size of that collection is 2.8GB (totaling 19 items) so it could take awhile if you don't have a good internet

thanks marvel!

3. marvel

Yeah it's pretty huge so I hope that doesn't stop people from downloading and playing it :)

4. erik

erik MG Donor

I'll try to assemble a "favorites" folder with these asap, you can just click the subscribe button off of each one in it. I'll link it when done.

5. Penguin

Penguin Guest

you can just click the subscribe to all and it will auto download any new ones wont it?
    i have not used workshop before so im not sure. normally i use L4Dmaps
    [​IMG]

6. marvel

Yep that's it :)

7. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

:high5::clap2: My weekend just got busy!!

8. erik

erik MG Donor

MGFTW.com Steam Workshop Collection - Subscribe To All!

If you know you've successfully downloaded them all, but keep getting crashes out of game... and a little engine error box "map / guts" message, you need to close out of Steam completely then restart it.

Edit: Marvel, can we please have the Crash Bandicoot campaign removed? I got 100% vote from everyone who has played it that it's either makign them wanna leave, or they just aren't having fun. Thank you,

9. marvel

I can remove it, I kinda liked it though but hey if you want it gone I can do so :)

10. marvel

Ok I removed it let me know if you want another campaign instead.

11. marvel

Increased the slots from 10 to 16 btw so more ppl can play :)

12. marvel

Btw #2 let me know if anyone is interested in versus for these maps.

13. I seem to be having a problem with the map suicide blitz 2 where i get disconnected in the finale for not having the same map as the servers

14. Y o u

Y o u Member

I think a custom PR-VS maps would be a great idea but some of the custom maps are quite long and it would be kinda hard for the survivor to play but I always love a good challenge a good POSSIBLE challenge at least.

15. erik

erik MG Donor

Dead Before Dawn (map 4?) doesn't load. It's the one after the Mall. We tried to sm_map into it several times, but it just keeps putting the server on a loop.

16. any plans to add more customs? there are quite a few good maps out there like Yama (samurai(knight) tank?? lol)

17. erik

erik MG Donor

Yama is a great one. Wan-Li & True Feng Shi are also great. These were part of the "Asia Campaign Contest" on L4DMaps.com.

We need to take out Dead Before Dawn DC since one of the maps is bugged. Also, Helms Deep is Survival not COOP so it doesn't really fit; could we please also remove that from the rotation? In reply to your previous post, Marv, thank you for removing the other one. For now, we might want to remove Dead Before Dawn DC (since it's 5 parts, which is a lot only to lead to inevitable bugs.)

I enjoyed these 2 a LOT.

Blood Proof

Urban Flight

Each is only one part, also!

We also already have Downtown Dine I, II & III in a previous collection. Back 2 School, EVEN THOUGH SEVEN PARTS, is one people keep asking about. Those are some good options.

I think, for now at least, substituting Dead Before Dawn DC with a couple one-part downloads + substituing Crash Bandicoot with something small would be great.

18. marvel

Sure I can always add more but ppl have to keep downloading then ;)

I'll remove DBD and add some others.

19. marvel

Server will be down for 30 minutes need to upload new maps.

So we will have:

Suicide Blitz 2
    Warcelona
    Diescraper Redux
    City 17
    Urban Flight
    Back to School
    Blood Proof

20. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Thank you!!! :D:clap2: