1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Update 7/10: Server & Game changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jul 10, 2013.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I would like to announce some changes to our servers.

For EU, new hosting has been ordered. We're moving back to The Netherlands with our servers so Zurich host will be canceled (because of the freezing issues). I need to re-locate the servers manually which is planned next friday. That means we can be fully back online for EU by Friday night.

This goes for the Day Z and L4D servers. The web server remains at the same host it is now so there will be no downtime to the website, at least not because of maintenance.

For Asia, our provider is working hard to resolve the routing issues. Eta unknown but it's being worked on. I'll update you asap once there's new information.

Then there's a game change. for COOP PR we decided to go with 10 players COOP max. Testing showed us that the game play is far more smooth with 10 players and more fun. To compensate for the loss of player slots we will run 2x 10-COOP servers at each location so 4 extra slots. Right now this is already active on US but will be active on Asia and EU as well once these locations have been fixed.

In the meantime our devs are working hard to fix any bugs/crashes that still remain in the PR plugin. All boosters and donor accounts have already been extended by 1 week to compensate for the downtime. If you feel like we skipped you or you were given a bad deal please let us know on the forums and I can asure you we'll come to a solution.

If you're not a donor yet please consider becoming one. If it wasn't for our loyal donors we would've been down a long time ago so any support to keep our servers running is greatly appriciated and every single dollar helps us in achieving that!

Thanks for your patience all, I know things have been rough the last few weeks but I can assure you that we're working around the clock to solve any issues that remain and we won't stop until full functionality has been restored.

Thanks for reading!

2. erik

erik MG Donor

Donors pay for the servers and SERVICES that we need and use. No one is getting rich off of this. In fact, many times it is the admin team who donates to keep us afloat. You'd never even believe me if I told you how much it really costs to fund Marvelous Gaming. Booster and PR Store Item-buyers are considered donors; expect some new & exciting products in the store soon... but in the meantime, you must realize that if you're spending money on MG, you're also breathing life into it. Thanks,

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Serious thanks to the admin staff for all the work, you're giving your time and money towards providing a fun and clean game environment, and I'd reiterate the store stuff - worth it and helps pay for servers you use a lot.

Hell, the premium account is a steal. Saves the hassle of finding a throwable/melee weapon. Love it.

4. marvel

@Ping this is not really the topic to discuss that. Please report any bugs in our new bug tracker and they will be taken care of:

http://mgftw.com/bugs

For the VPN block, I lowered that right now so you should try again. If you still need access just give me the IP and I can whitelist it.

5. marvel

Btw. EU is almost ready to go guys. We will have some downtime though for about an hour or so because I have to make some changes to the databases.

6. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Are the IP's going to be the same or will they be differant?

7. marvel

Different. It's online check the stats page :)

8. AzureKite

AzureKite MG Donor

Thank you so much Marvel for all your work on our lovely VI ! :P