1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

unbann request for fellow player (boxxy )

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by saymyname200, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saymyname200

saymyname200 Junior Member

Made this post for a fellow player,hope it's not a problem:

Hello everyone on the mgftw forums, I have been perm banned from all mgftw servers- and I think this was unfair. I have also been perm banned from the forums it says:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    The reason for my ban that I was given was that I was cheating but I wasn't cheating at all! I think the mods need to let me explain. Ok so the day before yesterday at night I was playing the game but because of the nature of how I play (I like to run around the edges and hide in bushes) I am always very sus and therefore people rdm me A LOT and I mean A LOT. (When I was playing the last 3 rounds I had been teamkilled while a survivor because I was "too sus".) So while I was dead on the last round I got really annoyed and wanted to show everyone that I wasn't infected- my name was Boxxy and I was the only Boxxy in the game. I changed my name while dead to 'Boxxy is not infected' which in the current game they knew was true as they had found my body and could clearly see Boxxy was not infected... Fapping awesome decided to also change their name to 'Boxxy is infected' but then they changed it back. I didn't know at the time that ANY name change in game is not allowed, but I do now. The mod mistook this as me giving hints that someone still alive (Called Boxxy) was not infected and that I was telling everyone that. But I didn't mind a 4 hour ban anyway, so I didn't say anything when I was banned.
    In the morning my ban was over and I started to play the game again, I played it happily until I had to leave as I realised I was late for something. The round had just begun and I was infected, so as to not waste my turn but conscious I was late I turned into a hunter and ran at the nearest survivor- they turned around and killed me and starting laughing in the microphone-before they could finish saying something I left. Marvel told me that then I was vote banned and that he assumed I was just a new player who didn't know what they were doing so he permed me.
    I came back to play around 10 hours later and realised I was banned- I went to the website and he agreed to repeal my ban. I came back to the game and played for around 10 minutes-then I left again. After some time had gone by from that I came back to play properly again and as soon as I was on 'Saymyname' said 'Oh wern't you banned Boxxy' and I proceeded to explain that I was but it was all some big mistake and I was back. While I was typing a zoey character killed a survivor in front of me with a knife- I was typing so I closed my chatbox midsentence and ran after the zoey up the stairs. At the top of the stairs I saw a zoey and a louis having a shoot out. I assumed the zoey was the same one with the knife, I killed her. She was a survivor, I said 'S***' and killed the louis who was shooting her. He was also a survivor. I realised my mistake and started to say sorry but before I could finish typing I was perm banned, again.
    I love to play here, I have been playing happily on this server for ages and I was really upset when JorsK wouldn't lift my ban as I don't see how I could have avoided that situation. I have posted a protest against my ban- however I have received no reply so I am getting my friend 'Saymyname' to post this for me.

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

As far as i know, he was first banned by marvel for both the name and his actions in the server.
    He was unbanned by marvel shortly after.

Even if we can pass that as a misunderstanding, he was shortly later banned by JorisK for teamkilling.

The forum ban was my doing, and it will expire 20th february 00:00 (which is tonight). He was banned from forums because of his chatbox messages. The messages were quite harrashing towards others.

Anyway, that aside, i've found him quite nice person in the little time i have played with him before.

However the person was banned by JorsiK, so only ones who can unban him would be JorisK or Marvel.

3. saymyname200

saymyname200 Junior Member

Well,I hope this gets fixed as I really understand how this could have happened. Team killing accidents can happen VERY easily on that server,all you need is some bad luck and/or a bad day.
    Anyway,I will tell her that the forum ban expires today so she can explain anything that may not be clear yet (should that be the case )

4. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Boxxy seems to really want to come back to the servers. Most permanent bans don't even bother to check the website. However, as stefeman stated it is on both jorisk and marvel's hands.

5. Boxxy

Boxxy Guest

(Can't think of a title)

I was first banned by someone not Marvel (Think it was Jost or someone) for the name which he thought was cheating. I wasn't and I explain how if you read the full chunky bit of writing I did but anyway I didn't mind the 4 hours. Marvel banned me perm because I was vote banned (For no reason I can see) and then he just assumed I didn't know what I was doing and permed me. But then I was unbanned because I came to the website and explained. It was a misunderstanding, I didn't actually even do anything for the first perm (Nothing at all, not even the slightest thing that you could possibly call breaking the rules.)
    I was talking with McLovin in the chat box on the website. But thank-you for the nice person thing O-) :D
    I accidentally "Team-Killed" two people who I thought were infected and I've tried to talk to JorisK about it and he just said "Use your common sense" and wouldn't lift the ban and he just ignored me after that. So I don't really think he
    is going to unban me- or even listen to what I've got to say.

I don't know how I am supposed to contact JorisK or Marvel, I made a protest against my ban but I haven't got a reply so... I really do want to come back on the Hidden Infected server, I spent ages playing that and I loved it. ;_;

6. erik

erik MG Donor

I appreciate you trying to help get someone unbanned... but I think it would be nice if you worked on your own behavior first.

http://puu.sh/705Mt.png

7. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

lol nuf said, we don't need players like you both, trolling around, swearing, offending people, team killing and intentional griefing.

Please go play somewhere else.

Topic locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.