1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Unacceptable Lost

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Lass, and the pepsi., Mar 23, 2011.

1. ok, i overreacted, but its frustratin to lose all those good stuff u had =\

sorry

2. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

unacceptable you have to be fucking kidding me we cant predict if the server is about to crash you should be happy they didnt had to whipe all the rpg data.
    It's not like the world is going to end because of a minor rollback.

3. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

What's unacceptable is your incredulous behavior regarding the fact that MG hosts free servers. A crash is nothing we can determine before hand, and even afterwards, it was determined to upload the database slightly before the crash. Just be glad that you get to play on the world's best L4D2 servers and nothing too major happened.

Relax-- just gain the levels you missed. It's a game and it's there to play :) Enjoy the game and don't become overly obsessed with levels ;)

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Correct me if im wrong?

1. You played on the server
    2. you happen to see legendary toaster.
    3. you pick it up, and you got time to read what the text says, and right after that, you got time to type !cp and review your points and levels.
    4. and then the server crashes?

first off, if you lost ur legendary toaster, the crash had to happen in same second as you pick it up.. since there's no way, that the server saves ur data like 3-5 seconds after u pick up a toaster or you shoot a common.. what i think, is that, the server saves your data when the event happens.. (for exmaple: you see a toaster, and you pick it up.. and on the moment you pick it up, your are in the database with the new toaster).

i dont think you will lose the toaster if you had 3 secs time to check your levels and points before the crash..

5. i lost all i got with the legendary toaster, skills and stuff..

ok, i overreacted, but its frustrating to lose all those good stuff u had =\

6. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

It's understandable, but hey, you get more time to play :)

7. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

its always better then a complete data loss of everything

8. Angel Guardian

Angel Guardian Junior Member

Lost PR levels

Ha?? Can only be kidding me.
    I do not play just for fun. -8 levels and 7000 points
    They are telling anyone who goes to play the crazy to level up that is a joke
    Who plays for fun is just over 2 hours a day on the server
    What I wonder is: "people in the world's most advanced gaming technology and continues to happen and these things"
    Rather than help the players are and direct harm

9. Popshotz

Popshotz Guest

...not too sure what you're trying to say.
    Nevertheless, I presume you're angry over losing your levels.
    Well heck, it's a game. Play more and gain the levels you've lost.

10. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Then what do you play for? Money? I don't think so. You play to level up which stimulates the endogenous opioid peptide neurotransmitters in your brain, which in turn gives you the sensation of excitement (otherwise known as fun). So in reality, whatever you have come to believe is nothing but what one calls "fun."

11. PepsiDay

PepsiDay Guest

I'm getting sandwiches for leveling.
    LOL xD

12. KoopA

KoopA MG Donor

looool

13. Angel Guardian

Koopa

Good words.
    But if the "gaming world"
    Live only for "fun"
    So was already in crisis and there was as many games as there are today
    Can you play a game for fun during 7horas, 5 days straight?
    Without getting bored?
    When you eat as much cake does not get enough?
    For what good is bitter quickly
    I need not speak here of neurons in the brain to learn how things work today
    You lost levels?
    Me too
    End conversation and let's go play

14. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

NO one has a clue as to what you are inferring, good sir. If you are trying to compose a poem then please do it in the appropriate section, sir. BTW, I never tire of eating cake, so your argument is now mystifyingly invalid... sir.

>.< wtf.

15. Angel Guardian

Not to know that I came here
    If only my problem was solved

16. {BA} L.

{BA} L. Guest

Got any spare cake? I got nothing here except cigarettes and my PC.

17. L1teHawk

L1teHawk Senior Member

Cmon. You guys have got to have heard of endogenous opioid peptide neurotransmitters. Beta-Edorphins belong to the same class.

Ok, let's get the point across:

1. Levels aren't coming back. But here's a tip: If you donate, we're willing to help you and maybe even give you more levels than you had before ;)

2. One can never get tired of cakes.

Done :)

18. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

*i had to post this*