1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Two annoying problems.

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by IronWarrior, Oct 18, 2011.

1. IronWarrior

IronWarrior MG Donor

1. Switching sides when being killed.

Was busy killing a player as a Charger only to see him switch to spec then back to survivors after I killed the "bot" which used to be him, denying me the points and xp that I would had gained from killing him.

Cowardly.

[​IMG]

2. Voting to change the map.

Some idiot today started a vote to change the map which screwed the server, I seen it done it a few times before, here and on other servers and about half the time it causes glitchs, some Infected couldn't be killed, same goes for Survivors who couldn't be killed or even move. Server was full untill the map change.

2. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

If i seen someone go to spec if he is about to be killed as a survivor by a human controlled SI then i warn him and ban him for 10 mins or so .. Tell him he better not do that again and if you see him do it again then take a screenshot like you did now and i will take action against him .. Regarding the 2nd point, unfourtunatly, even admins can't cancel the changemap vote so players will have to say NO otherwise nothing can be done unless some donor is abusing the changemap vote ..

3. ecco0

ecco0 MG Donor

admins can use the command sm_veto in console or /veto in chat and it will stop any !votekick, !votemute, !votegag, !votemap, !votesilence, !voteban, !voteff from taking place

4. joerve

joerve Senior Member

If someone does that plz ban him for a day. I think this is as unsportive as bugusing. Ban a day with no warning.

5. Raised in Hell

Veto command is broken so it doesn't work ..

Okay :)

6. Zsoka

Zsoka Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Is Indiana Jones Doctor Jones? }:|

7. TJ

TJ MG Donor

Yup

8. Raised in Hell

Since he has done it twice (screenshots) and told by Joerve to ban people for 1 day who exploit this bug, he has been banned for 1 day .. Although he can protest if he promises to not do it again ..

9. Beasty Ribs

Beasty Ribs Guest

Had this same thing happen tonite. A player switched at the last second to keep from losing points, or denying me points.
    View attachment 970

Attached Files:

10. Raised in Hell

Banned r3aper for 12 hours since i've seen him do this for the first time.. Next time his ban will be longer .. He can protest for his ban as well ..

11. mrberry

mrberry Junior Member

Reaper last night was the most annoying player to play against. He kept running out before the team scramble on purpose. Totally killed playing the game... made it no fun to play.. this should be a ban able offence.

12. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

I would count that as rushing which is a short-term bannable offence (If done maliciously and repeatedly especially). In future record demos or take screenshots showing such offences and we might be able to do something about it.

13. robertob76

robertob76 Member

MHA?! I think it could be allowed to get in spectator mode if one is to take a break! I think it may be allowed if a player has to go to the bathroom! or if to do him?! (I also play 4 / 6 hours, I happen to swicht 2 / 3 times!) I do not think it is right to quit the game every time! I also think it's fair to change every so often to stay and play with your friends in teams together! I personally have a few friends from high and low level that I like to play together, but not against! I think this regulation should be revised! and also very good! If it becomes a practice, change 3/4/5/6 times in a session I think it is right to take action, otherwise, I think some players just want to create controversy!

14. Raised in Hell

He has been reported for doing this before as well .. Reaper, if your reading this then don't do this again because you have your own guild now and it would look bad on you and your guild if the guild leader kept getting banned for doing silly things like this ..

15. TJ

TJ MG Donor

I think you are misunderstanding what the problem is. It's not that you can't go to spec.. It's just that you can't go to spec when you are about to die and then SWITCH BACK to survivor when the bot dies. As for switching teams, that ruins the balance of the game.

16. robertob76

robertob76 Member

There are more important things, if I go to the bathroom I go there and not done for me if I'm winning or losing, if I answer the phone the same, if someone calls me the same, if I feel like a donut, the same! But I think it is easy to understand if one does it on purpose or not! swe in an hour you do it 10 times it is likely that someone wants to get smart! if you do it 3 times in 3 hours maybe there is' someone who also has a social or physiological needs in addition to the game! Then I have such a friend of mine Hazemberg, I like to play with together, the scramble when it happens automatically, I swicth and I follow! because there is no written regulation that I can not play with my friends!

17. Raised in Hell

Roberto, read TJ's post .. We're not saying you can't go spec if you need to go to the bathroom .. We're saying if you go spec when YOU (Survivor) is about to die and THEN you switch to spec just before dying.. That is not allowed and it is worth a ban..

18. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

hes also saying he team switches every round to play with hazemburg after scramble =p

19. Raised in Hell

Lol .. That reason isn't valid either to change teams in PR especially because that way, You, TJ and I could be in the same team everytime and since we're at it, we might as well tell Pessego and Ocean to join us as well .. I'm sure the teams will be balanced that way :s)