1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Turn Speedy Water into a skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by Chach, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Chach

Chach MG Donor

Because it is pretty annoying and frustrating to equip this buff on maps with water and unequip
    it back when maps with no water comes up.
    I think it's full potential is wasted.

timkit likes this.
  2. timkit

timkit MG Donor

+1 this. I pretty much almost never ever equip this utility buff anyways.

3. fnord

fnord Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it could be combined with adren run? I do not use speedy water because on most maps there are ways to avoid the water by going high or around it and if a tank spawns you can run fast with adren run anyways. Perhaps there are a few buffs like shoving expert that can be made default or a skill like you suggested.

timkit likes this.
  4. Chach

Chach MG Donor

Shoving expert should be a skill too i agree.
    On Hard rain later maps water is pretty much unavoidable.
    And i have my doubts if Adren run works on Coop or VS.

5. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The main issue with making Speedy Water a skill is that it would completely eliminate a hazard at zero cost. Water maps, by nature, are somewhat shorter than regular maps. Having everyone zip through them at no cost would make them pointless. Having it as a buff right now means people have to at least give up a slot for the effect.

If you really want to, you can create a separate buff list for water maps that has Speedy Water, and change to it at the start.

Likewise, Shoving Expert would also have the same results. Removing shoving stamina at zero cost makes common infected, for the most part, a joke.

Also Adrenaline Run works fine in both COOP and VS. It is just disabled in Survival.