1. Click here to join our community discord server.

translators needed (you will be compensated)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by joerve, Dec 24, 2011.

1. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Marvel and I discussed the need for translations in every possible language. So we wanna speed things up. The details will be given soon.

Your job will be to make a translation of the PR-mod and translate changes in the mod in your native language.

The only requirements we have is that you have a legit l4d2 copy, and of course you speak english well, next to your native language.

To thank you for your translation you will compensated for as long as you are translating for us. (like I sad, with new features come new translations)

The compensation is:

- 40$ storecredit each month, for as long as you are available to us to translate changes to the mod, starting from when marvel has the details about how to translate. (if theres no need for changes in the mod you will still be payed 40$ storecredit)

- 40$ giftcoupon when your first full translation is done.

So let me know if your available.

Edit Marvel:

Hi guys, I added all translation files to github (https://github.com/mkools/PR-translations/tree/master/rpg_system).

Just create an account with the same nick you use here and you can edit the files and commit them.
    I still have to talk to HC first though because I don't think all files support translations yet, but you can see stuff like:

"name" "Killing Spree: "
    "name_es" "Combo de Asesinatos: "

Say you want to add russian and portugese you just add the lines:

"name_pt"
    name_ru
    etc
    etc

We will focus on these languages first:

- Spanish (es)
    - Portugese (pt)
    - Russian (ru)
    - German (de)
    - French (fr)

But you are free of course to add any language you want. Remember that any completed language will award you with $40 store credit!

Thanks!

2. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Just Russian and French?

3. joerve

joerve Senior Member

@ chloration

changed it, every other language. I meant, like russian and french :)

4. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

I can translate to finnish if needed ^^ (When there was that other thread about PR translations months ago, i started it, and translated about 40% of PR to finnish, however thats old file now :P and not sure if i have it anymore.. imma check it soon).

5. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Didn't we used to have the PR translated before to other languages. I remember Cocaine and Bloodhand were working on the German translation and someone else was working on the French translation or were they for the forum only?

6. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

Yes, if it is for the PR (CP)....the german and many other translations are done.

7. Angel

Angel MG Donor

Not sure if you need a Swedish translation because there aren't many Swedish players around and most of us are quite good at English anyway...

8. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

Some months ago I posted translation.So now i just need to add changes to old file or marvel will upload a new file?

9. McBad

McBad Guest

I am able to make a full translation to Romanian. PM me when you need it.

10. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

I can translate to brazilian portuguese.

Different from portuguese from Portugal, but I believe that there are more brazilians players on MG than portuguese players.

11. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I used to be able to translate PR, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

(sorry, couldn't resist)

12. joerve

joerve Senior Member

yeah the old translationtopics were lost, i guess we were to busy with other stuff.

But marvel first has to work out the technical details.

13. hectauplasme

hectauplasme Junior Member

I can translate French and Arabic, my english can be understoud but it need little improvement =x.

14. Dragon

Dragon MG Donor

I can translate to spanish if necessary. HC did it before but i think he is really busy with other stuffs now. Let me know if you need me to do it. I'll be glad to help.

15. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Is spanish that the same thing of castilian?

16. Pessego

Pessego Guest

I can give Hazemberg a hand translating into Portuguese.

17. I can translate to spanish :P ,but i think theres a translation but if you want to translate something , im available.

There are 2 , Latinoamerican Spanish and Castilian Spanish.

Castilian Spanish is spoken in Spain and Latinoamerican Spanish is spoken in latinoamerica. The difference are the words , for example peach in Spain is "Durazno" and in Latinoamerica is "Melocoton" , anyways we use both here , but the most used is Melocoton.
    Another difference is the accent , like USA and UK english.

18. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi guys, I added all translation files to github (https://github.com/mkools/PR-translations/tree/master/rpg_system).

Just create an account with the same nick you use here and you can edit the files and commit them.
    I still have to talk to HC first though because I don't think all files support translations yet, but you can see stuff like:

"name" "Killing Spree: "
    "name_es" "Combo de Asesinatos: "

Say you want to add russian and portugese you just add the lines:

"name_pt"
    name_ru
    etc
    etc

We will focus on these languages first:

- Spanish (es)
    - Portugese (pt)
    - Russian (ru)
    - German (de)
    - French (fr)

But you are free of course to add any language you want. Remember that any completed language will award you with $40 store credit!

Thanks!

19. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

Pessego and I gonna translate to portuguese of Brazil or portuguese of Portugal?

20. avilroad

avilroad MG Donor

We don't need to translate challenges,right?