1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Three UI improvement suggestions.

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by EasyE, Oct 7, 2017.

1. EasyE

EasyE New Member

Whenever you exit out of a nested menu, it returns you to the first page of the menu it was nested in, rather than to the last page you were on. It's very annoying when you're trying to read through the skills and their level requirements, and you have to press next page every time you cancel.

The second thing that I noticed, is that the back/exit menu button is not anchored, meaning that if you want to go back multiple pages sometimes the back menu button can change from 8 to 6 for example.

Lastly, you can't change your buffs mid round, meaning that you have to wait until the next to swap out your buffs. I often forget to do this, and it would be nice if you could change buffs mid round, but the changes wouldn't take place until the next round.

jrng0403 likes this.
  2. Horama

Horama MG Donor

you can change at mid round your buff and effect is immediately for most of buff , you cant change your buff when a tank spawn

3. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The first thing you ask, as far as I'm aware, isn't really possible. From what I can see, Sourcemod has no way of sending a menu to the client that doesn't start from the first item, that also includes all items.

The second thing also isn't really possible. There are two styles of 'panels' Sourcemod uses, Panels and Menus. Panels allow greater customization of said panel by allowing plain text, line padding, etc (e.g. The Control Panel). Menus don't support these things, thus you can only enter items to select (e.g. Buff lists), but they automatically support the 8-9-0 Back-Forward-Exit options without performing any extra work. The issue here is, for Panels, we can't arbitrarily set 8 to be back without having to set previous numbers to valid options as well. Having multiple back buttons just for the sake of making 8 back as well would look bad.

Finally, in COOP, you can freely change buffs or bufflists whilst there is no Tank alive. In VS, you can do it before the round has changed, which should really be enough time.

4. EasyE

EasyE New Member

If you can't specify which page of a menu to display to a client, maybe making each page their own nested menu rather than a page would work?

It's unfortunate that you can't specify which number the back button should be, especially cause this feature seems to be available in tf2/cs go I'm not sure why in l4d2 it doesn't work.

5. EasyE

EasyE New Member

Just noticed this ingame, the buy menu actually has the menu back buttons set to 8, how come this isn't for the other menu's?

6. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

Like I said, two different styles. The Buy Panel uses menus. Menus have the 8-9-0 structure built in by default. Panels do not.

Basically, Menus will only have a title and a list of items. No other text or formatting. If you see a panel like that, its a menu.

7. EasyE

EasyE New Member

Ah, I thought the panels were the non-transparent grey colored menu's where you could use your mouse, didn't know they could look like menu's.