1. Click here to join our community discord server.

The Sacrifice l4d2 - Port - Tank Suicide

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by tank, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tank

tank MG Donor

Just wondering if Chocobo could close this area on picture:

[​IMG]

Sometimes when you play Tank if you bomb biled and blind and defending the ladder down, tank fall down in the water and die. It's quite annoying most when u are last tank and tank limit reached (3).
    Also it's unfair 'cose survivors cannot fall down on same place and die.
    Closin' the area could stop also tanks the stay on top of ladder blocking the way for survivors, what is also unfair if is high lvl tank blocking the area, it's most imposible to come on top and start the brige.

2. erik

erik MG Donor

I agree it's 100% bunk when someone is blocking the ladder. However, it is what it is.

I'm sure ChooChoo can come up with something if he sees fit... there isn't a lot he can't do with the pathing server...

However, since "blocking w/ body" isn't against the rules, it's up to the team to lure it down. It will just come down, register 1 hit, then go back up to maintain control. Obviously, it's dangerous to hide up-top where you could get bitch-slapped.

Teamwork can lure it down cuz it has to be lured down, and at least 1 or 2 survivors need to still have a knife for the sacrifice. LordCoder led a few PR-VS games in the past where we got the tank down and actually managed to sneak around it.

But yeah, I agree, pain in the ass when you accidentally tank-suicide. I agree there should be some variety* to the map... and always support variety, especially in cumbersome finales that always seem to go the same way.

However, putting up a rail or something to protect the infected team from lumbering over the edge in a panic probably won't happen.

3. tank

tank MG Donor

However, putting up a rail or something to protect the infected team from lumbering over the edge in a panic probably won't happen.[/QUOTE]

Why not?

4. erik

erik MG Donor

Why not?

It's just "asking a lot," since you're already:
    - a big hulking boob of a tank
    - blocking a ladder to begin with
    - at an advantage due to skills like Regeneration (that survivors don't have,)
    - in a finale sequence; it would just tip the balance a little more in the favor of the SI team

All in all... suicide prevention for zombies? Dude lol... what next, you ask us to chew your food for you? (jk)

5. tank

tank MG Donor

LOL no need chew food for me but
    Regeneration lose bro < fireammo buy cheap, fireworks c. - 6 bounty, pills 8 bounty get up all team in second, med kit 13 bounty heal entire team in sec, defib 15 bounty ( all with negotiator). Like we played last night and u was in surv. seven lvl210 in surv team was impossible to kill. They cutting tanks in seconds.
    Tank heal 60 with negotiator. also hard to vomit on tank if is on fire on that map 'cose is open space.
    And as i told u is just suggestion , if is pached then tank should fight down on floor. Anyway see ya in game after weekend i travel , peace.

6. erik

erik MG Donor

Hey I'm all about that... I was thinking of the successful luring attempts in the past to get the tank down.

Then I thought about it more. Dude I totally hate when they just jump down, take a swipe, and climb to maintain control. Yeah, I guess I am in support of the whole fight-on-the-floor thing.

Otherwise, it's unarguably going to go the same way every damn time, unless a low-level/weak tank tries to do it.

Godspeed in your travels and see you in game, soon, also!!

[​IMG]