1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

!!!The Marvelous Battle Arena!!! (PR)

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by vishus puss, Jun 22, 2011.

1. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Yeh, couldn't think of a better name for it... Anyway...

Starts out with 4 survivors in an arena of some type (caeser or marvel ROFL). The game is in survival mode, but there is no timer. When one of the survivors uses an ARENA TICKET the battle starts at level 1.

LEVEL 1 = 50 CI and a hunter.
    LEVEL 2 = 100 CI, smoker, hunter.
    LEVEL 3 = etc. etc.

No xp/points would be gained off of the CI or SI you kill. You only gain xp/points/bounty from beating the level! Thus, people couldn't milk it etc. AND you could have a nice bonus for beating level 99 (or whatever the final level would be, even add an MG achievement?).

Hope people like this idea and hope it would be easy to code, cos i think it sounds fun as hell.

2. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

not gonna press the button.. im gonna type... i like this...

best idea i heard so far...

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hard to make, you would need a custom map and a lot of custom written plugins for this, besides I don't see how much it would be different from Helms Deep which we already have running. Sure it's a little different, but not much.

Helms deep has a story in it with different levels, this idea would get really boring after you've played it a couple of hours. Kind a the same as versus survival.

I appreciatie your ideas though :)

4. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

Sorry to rehash an extremely old topic, but I think this can be done. As a mapper (specializing in Survival maps), I could make some thing like this quite quickly. It sounds a lot like Killing Floor with the different Waves of difficulty. If all your asking for is a simple arena, it wouldn't take very long to make.

Helms Deep is great, but it's customized for a certain play mode, not what vishuss puss actually wants. With Luke's HammerCode (still in development), we can add dynamic content that would change the map each time you play it.

I'd appreciate any further thoughts on this. (style of arena, size etc)

-CR

5. Hey Crazy, that would be awesome. We need some sort of arena for an epic Hell Tank I'm working on, and the above would satisfy. But before that, can you make a small circular race track? I'll make a Jockey Race map just as a demo of hammercode ;)

6. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I like the dynamic part you're talking about, because it would be too repetitive if it was the same gameplay every time. That's what I like about Helms Deep, there's actually progress, and a goal and that's what it makes more fun than any other survival map.

But hey fighting the Hell tank in the Arena, I'm all for it ;)

7. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

I remember thinking when this was suggested by Vishuss Puss and thinking it would be a great idea and a lot of fun. With dynamics and a Hell Tank as well this would be awesome, Maybe the Hell Tank could be part of the final level.

8. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

waaaaaaaaat we get to race? I'm down to ride jockys or something and race them.

9. Yay for Hell Tank

10. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Hell Tank battle is going to be epic at the very least, full of custom particles in a custom made arena, where an entire guild is pitted against a monster of unimaginable horrors.

11. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

Let me know when/if you are going to test it :)

12. CrazyRabbit

The Jockey's will be riding Tanks! >.<

13. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting about that lol. Yes, jockeys will be riding tanks xD

14. erik

erik MG Donor

Must see

lmao -- I'm down to try it.

15. CrazyRabbit

Wow, old old thread. I think that was the Jockey Race track which got turned into the Tank Battle Arena. Jockey Race was when Hammer Code was when I first got it and trying it out with Luke. Let's stick to Tank Arena and maybe one day go back to the Jockey Racer thing.