1. Click here to join our community discord server.

The Importance of Mains

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Kamikaze901, Jul 14, 2011.

1. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

Well, to sum up my voice... What exactly is considered rushing? In VI it is considered a solo runner. That is way anti-teamplay. But if 2+ people are rushing together, at least they are helping eachother.

I do have 1 question though::: How is one spitter being able to incap 5+ people considered teamplay?

2. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

1) if 2 people rush and leave 8 people behind, how is that team work and not rushing? To make the matter worse, if those 2 rushers were high levels and other 8 are low levels and they get slaughtered by the infected and die. Surely if the teamwork is there then more than 2 people will survive and even if everyone dies then atleast the team can say ... We tried our best as a team ..

2 rushers won't be helping eachother when all of the infected are spawning behind close to 8 people which makes a clear path for the rushers. Regarding the spitter issue, the teamplay is required to help eachother and revive the incapped people and if you want to say, the spitter is too strong, people can't revive the incapped players then thats where the team helper skill comes in where you can revive all of the incapped people in less than a second and im sure the player who has a maxed out team helper won't get incapped in less than a second if he has full HP.

And just because few people got incapped, it doesn't mean the whole team has to help them or hide from the spitter or rush past them incapped survivors because they don't want to get incapped. Few of them should try to help the incapped people while the others try to stop the spitter from spitting unless he is on a roof or somewhere where you can't shove him but atleast they can shoot him. It's all about common sense, i don't see why people think it is hard to understand the concept of team play.

3. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

This is all based on the aspects of levels, etc. When I bring up teamplay I mean teamplay as in all level characters, and some teams don't have a high level character to raise all them up at once. I have seen teams of low levels die vs one spitter just for the simple fact they don't know to push the spitter rather than melee or shoot it.

So since rushing hasn't easily been equated, then what is the simple definition of teamwork in PR VS? According to Raised, 2 people constitute rushing. So how about 4? 6? The only reason I bring this up is if admins to decide to tele or slay, maybe there should be a clear rule about rushing. Else there will be more bitching and complaining and favoritism.

4. Kamikaze901

Kamikaze901 Member

I agree about the complaining part. So many new people jump on and expect some learning curve when there is none. I've seen the other discussions and maybe there should be some level limits on the servers. When I first joined these servers I tried to play versus, but all i ended up doing was getting owned in less than 5 minutes. Went to co-op and started leveling up and LEARNING about the pr servers so I could be a better player on versus.

5. Raised in Hell

To answer your whole levels and spitter thing, i just want to say that this is the PR system where obviously high level players will own low levels but even high level players were once low level so its the circle of life. High level players get more and more stronger until they have maxed everything and low levels will start levelling up and one day they will max out too but by then there will be more low levels ..

I gave an example of 2 people for rushing, it does not mean that the rushing is only considered rushing if 2 people rush, no.. It could be 5 or 6 players.. In my world, i see rushing as -- Leaving your team mates behind to die when you could have stayed with them, helped them and played like a team but you decided to be a selfish monkey for your own selfish reasons ..

There is already a clear rule about rushing which is ...

Rushing.
    ban up to 4 hours with out warning, or current admins choice

So its up to the admin on the server to decide whether the person deserves a kick or a ban and if it is a ban then for how long.

6. Raised in Hell

Actually there was a discussion on this topic before and the problem with having level limits on the server will end up having half empty servers for high level players because there are more low levels than there are high levels so if the the server is half full then:

1) People will have to play against the bots which makes it easy for the infected and boring for the survivors
    2) People may stack up the teams and join one team so they will do Rambo when they are survivors and when they play as infected, they will easily kill the bots. Some people already do this on the server and the day they get cought, they will get banned for team stacking and farming.

7. Edward Marlus

Edward Marlus Senior Member

That said, i feel like i'm pretty much trolling since i don't play no more.