1. Click here to join our community discord server.

The GL

Discussion in '[L4D2] Hidden Infected' started by Rivion, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

Lately I am getting more bothered by the GL. This weapon is spawned on certain maps 3x, and although it has 5 bullets, it does a lot of damage. As a hunter you cannot come close to someone with GL. The area of effect damage does enough to kill a hunter.

This weapon is fine as it is. But can we please remove their 100% sure chance to spawn. Another overpowered weapon, the knife, is mostly buyable and sometimes can be found.

But certain maps the GL has enough spawns.

If you want to keep it that way, at least take all gloves off and get the m60 back in the game.

Any thoughts?

2. Jost

Jost Game Server Moderator

totally agree with that. one shot and over 90HP gone. there are too many of them and when i see how players run to the spawnpoints at roundstart --> that just shows the OP.

so please reduce the spawn frequency... or half the damage, or reduce the bullets...

3. Enoz

Enoz Junior Member

I had rather see its damage reduced by HALF since a not very accurate s hot can kill a full hp player.

4. R.B.

R.B. Guest

That there are 3 gl's in a map as the sewers i agree is maybe a bit much, but u need a small amount of skill to kill with the gl.
    Not to long ago enoz and i played a 1vs1 match since nobody else was on. Then i used the Gl and when i missed him i only did 1hp damage per grenade, so only direct hits will cause major damage.

I agree on deleting the gl from maps as the interior, since these are small hallways and you will have a direct hit no matter what

5. Ampelius

Ampelius MG Donor

This weapon doesn't require skill to use at all. It should be nerfed back to the normal GL.

6. ChooChoo

ChooChoo Head Administrator Staff Member

Remember that the difficulty on HI is set to Expert. Its not Versus. So obviously weapons and friendly fire deal a bit more damage.

7. Jost

yes but i realized yesterday again that it is just lucky shooting. In interior when you wait for the last infs, survivors can shoot one bullet to the dark "elevator-room" and well if there is a hunter nearby, he dies instantly. When they try to attack, they'll die very fast too... kinda boring especially with few players on the server.

8. erik

erik MG Donor

9. Rivion

Rivion MG Donor

If anyone who can do something about it ever reads this shit. Can you please fix it. Its a stupid overpowered weapon which is placed 5x in the map. I stood hidden in alley last map, Waffle didnt even know i was there, shot inside with gl, and i died.

Just a random shot. It makes it a boring game. I just raged cause its bullshit. I know HI doesnt have top priority and PR is the lil lovechild, but can we please get a tiny update on this.

10. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

It's not a permanent fix but from now on every GL that spawns will be replaced by an M60.

I'm not sure how this will affect infected buying GLs, probably not but needs testing.

11. Jost

they still spawn... in rounds 2-5 i think :/

12. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yes they were still spawned by several other plugins. I removed it from every config file now. I think I removed 10 - 15 of them.

They should really be gone by now except for infected to purchase them, if not let me know.