1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

The Bill Tank

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by ?z???[??L], Jun 14, 2014.

1. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

READ THIS FIRST
    This is just an idea, we don't know the limitations when it comes to modding.

Suggestions and critics are welcome, just don't be and a**hole :D

We want to make this as balance as possible and encourage ppl to play as a team.

It requires some read, so go on at your own risk

Target Server: Points Reloaded
    Target of the Mod: Infected
    Type of mod: Modded Tank
    Name: The Bill Tank

Credits:
    Zoey (most part)
    JavCube (name of the tank a little details)(Edit: Thanks for making this Jav!)
    Angel (Thanks for the ideas and critics angel!)

Prologue
    An idea to make tribute to long lost Bill on the first L4D2.

Appearance
    The tank should have somehow Bill resemblance, maybe a custom skin for it (don't know if this is possible).

Health
    250000 HP

General Skill
    M16 (Bill

2. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Epic idea if you ask me, but not sure how hard it would be to actually make it happen. I'd personally like to see more challenging tanks on coop, and this one would fit in perfectly, but it's not up to me. Thumbs up for this :D

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

only if it spouts out Bill quotes at a rate that would make erik blush!

"TAAAAAAAAANK"

"I'M HANGING OFF A LEDGE HERE"

4. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Is this a support.. or something else?....

5. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, I'd go for it :D

6. Who's Ya Daddy

Who's Ya Daddy New Member

hmm... bring them on

7. Angel

Angel MG Donor

It sounds like a fun challenge, but it may need some tweaks here and there..

Looking at stage 1: this stage looks okay to me, I like the whole "being conscious" idea but it may be hard to get the tank to try to run away (after all, it was programmed to go after the survivors). Perhaps make it an admin controlled tank?

Stage 2: keep it a bit realistic, tanks shouldn't throw 2 rocks at the same time ;) if the rocks are explosive it will result in at least 2 incaps with every throw - and considering your bile incap bomb this would mean the survivors would be constantly biled. Most high levels have goggles anyway so it makes it a pretty useless skill, but still, 2 rocks is too much. I read your edit at the bottom about the mutations and I have to say that being mutated every 3 minutes for 1-2 minutes sounds like way too much to me. It can be countered with a mutation shield but not everyone wants to buy from the store... Make that one about 20-30 seconds and it's good.

Stage 3: instead of calling a minion tank, perhaps use the Knight's earthquake skill? It would be a nice transition having to fight outside at stage 2, then go inside at stage 3. I can't really say I like the moustachio negation, moustachio is there for a reason and this tank would already be quite powerful.

Nothing more to say at the moment, I'm sleepy so I might come up with something else later :P

8. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

I have editted it accoriding to angels, she is in Credits now^^, give ideas, the better this gets!

9. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately that would be impossible without the Workshop, .VPK files, or Luke's CDS (which causes black screen on first connect when it downloads the files over to clients [and it breaks the steam TOS too so it can't really be used]).

The other ones are probly possible for HC since he has already done lots of things like that :P

10. davidaj98

davidaj98 Junior Member

hm i like this idea a lot however i have 1 issue with it its to mcuh like a shaman

11. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Well, i'll be happy if you tell us which parts are too much like shaman ^w^, and can you leave like that showing you support us? ^w^

12. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

13. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

Guys, very very thank you for the ones who support this idea! I am so excited! (Bump at the same time <.<, >.>, >.<)

14. Jack Frost

Jack Frost MG Donor

Love it, it's very interesting and challenging :) I'm not too sure how hard it's gonna be for creating this, but yea I'll definitely support it, excellent idea! :smiley-signs064:

15. Fitz

Fitz MG Donor

Maybe a trial period to test it out? I'm for it.

16. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

I am Zoey and its an honor to meet you also Jack frost ! ^w^, thanks for the ones who support this! (Again o3o.)