1. PR Update - Clan fortress, Torn Love ticket drops and more! Info here

2. NEW: Unlimited rates for all servers!

3. NEW: mgftw Mobile Apps! Read about it here

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Taviana update June 8th, 2013

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by marvel, Jun 8, 2013.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

- Fixed tents and buildings not saving to the database.
    - Dayz Base Building update from 1.2 to 1.2.1
    - Removed ability for zeds to run and increased the amount of zombies.
    - Zombies can be killed with head shots only. Shots to other parts of the body will only incapacitate it.
    - Halo jump (skydive) should now work consistently. Skydive option is available from altitude 50 and up.
    - Restored original Taviana spawn locations for now until the custom ones are fixed.
    - Decreased number of coyote backpack spawns to a sane number.
    - Added option to see how much space you have left in your tent (guns / items) - See screenshot.

[​IMG]

Any issues? Please let us know.

Thanks!

2. Sportivoman

Sportivoman Junior Member

Cheers Marvel appreciate it mate, especially the tents / base building.

More zombies bring it on i say :)

3. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Junior Member

Hi Marvel,

Great work man. But can I ask why the Zeds have been nerfed? Is the intention to make this primarily a PvP server?

4. marvel

Indeed, it sucks when you're in a shootout with a couple of other guys and zeds keep bothering you.

5. Hakim

Hakim Member

I don't like the direction the server is going, but that is just personal. Dayz was mentioned to be a survival game, not a CoD ripp-off.

But...

If you want to have a PvP server, then let fresh spawns spawn with a gun and also add more military vehicles, guns, airplanes, choppers, tanks and that kind of stuff
    Then you get the warzone you may wanted. Then we can see if people like this way or not.

6. Sportivoman

Sportivoman Junior Member

Many different scenarios you can play in Hakim Dayz and this server inparticular.

Ive survived for over 4 weeks and taken out a few threats along the way, i dont stay on one place and have flown helis / planes and driven plenty of cars allover the map. Everybody plays different, some like to sit at spawn locations and get easy kills , others like to build there base and accumulate items and loot along the way, hoard cars etc,etc.

Point im making is there's enough scenarios for everyone because not everyone plays the same way.

You had 30+ players on earlier today id say server is getting more players in regardless.

I definetly see no comparision to COD at all with Dayz.

7. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Personally, i like the new walking zombies quite a lot.. Easier to get items and it makes the zombies look as dumb as they say the are.. (easy kills). However, if you get stuck into building and start shooting, there's no way to out.. i guarantee that.

8. marvel

I like the walking zombies as well, but this change is just experimental. I'm still working on compensating the movement with other stuff, like headshot kills only, or if a zombie does hit you it does more damage, increase amount of zombies stuff like that.

9. Hakim

Hakim Member

We always have people which like or dislike the changes you make. I also heard X-gen in chat that the zombies now are boring. So it is good if you add more zombies and make them stronger for example. Let's see what is brings.

10. marvel

To compensate, you can now only headshot zombies to kill them. If you shoot them in any other body part the zombie will break its legs and crawl but to kill him you need a 100% headshot. Single shot will do with any gun.

It's impossible to increase the number of zombies. This is all in the client files and can't be changed. I'm still working on to make the zombies do more damage.

11. marvel

More updates today:

- Zombies can be killed with head shots only. Shots to other parts of the body will only incapacitate it.
    - Decreased number of coyote backpack spawns to a sane number.
    - Added option to see how much space you have left in your tent (guns / items) - See screenshot.

[​IMG]

12. Hakim

Hakim Member

Martijn of Joris,
    kan een van jullie dat kamp welke ik gebouwd heb op de berg ten noorden van chernovar in z'n geheel verwijderen.

een aantal items zijn geglitchef en kamp wordt niet meer gebruikt.

ook beter voor de performance van de server. Er staan meer building items op die heuvel die niet meer gebruikt wordt.

gr, hakim

13. marvel

Yep ik zal wel ff kijken. Heb je nog meer gebouwd? Anders haal ik alles onder jou naam wel ff weg behalve tenten. Anders moet ik al die coordinaten gaan uitzoeken namelijk.

14. Hakim

Hakim Member

Je mag alles weghalen wat ik ooit gebouwd, behalve tenten. Diegene die ik niet meer gebruiken zijn na 7 dagen toch weg.