1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Tanks in PR need nerf.

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Justme, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justme

Justme Member

Yet another thread by me :cool2:.

The highly upgraded tanks in PR are OPd. They're not killable, you can stand there and melee the tank for 5 minutes and he will just smack you earn some bounty then use that bounty to spam heal himself.

Me and 2 other people were in safe room where a tank surprised us because he camped there for a while.

We tried to kill him for about 9-12 minutes or so, a lot of people told us to just let him kill us because it took to long.

We were meleeing him, shooting him and we set him on fire, he just didn't die. Eventually he incapped all of us and we had no bounty for pills or medkit so we died.

-----

A great solution to make high upgraded tanks killable is to increase SI Heal in bounty everytime you buy it. I said this in another thread the paranoia tank thread but i felt this needed its own thread.

Maybe it should go like this.

Buy heal once and it costs 15 bounty, buy it again 30 bounty, buy it again 60 bounty and then it stays on 60 bounty.

Reasons to why it should stay at 60 bounty is because that's how much a tank originally costs, buying heal is like getting an entirely new tank.

So if you do implent this, high level tanks will finally be able to be killed. I mean come on the way it is now it's worse than a paranoia tank because players can heal themselves for over 60k hp in one tank play.

Even me when i play tank, i'm only level 70 and i manage to keep myself alive for a long time. I sometimes save up to 100+ bounty hoping i'm lucky to become tank just so i can spam heal serveral times, and i can easily gain 50+ bounty as a tank as well so that's even more heals i can buy.

Hopefully you guys do nerf the tanks in someway, doesn't have to be by increasing heal cost everytime you buy it but just freaking nerf the tanks because high upgraded tanks ruin the fun once they spawn.

Ty for reading.

2. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

I think we should not allow any bounty for any tank actions. That may solve everything!!!

3. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

then look how tanks get raped in less than a minute^^
    even high level tanks got 15600 hp and 3 ppl with katanas get him in less than 1 min down without heal.
    just increase after every heal the cost or make a max like 5 heal per tank. then its solved too ;P

4. Edward Marlus

Edward Marlus Senior Member

God...Tanks already suck ass, this topic is just begging to make them useless in the hands of anyone whos not gemmed out. -_- And the worst part is the poor sap who started this topic probably faced one of those high-level bastards who's possibly gemmed out or something. In other words, we're about to get nerfed because somebody who's good with tank didn't die...-sigh-

EDIT: Or maybe it was Paranoia...idwk at this rate. :flypig::peep:

5. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

Legend....just because one is whining, that doesn't mean you should impair tanks. next ppl will start complaining about sticky goo for the spitters, or invisibility for the jockeys. I's say leave the tanks as they are. I was tank, and i am pretty maxed out, and still got killed by 4 survs in their saferoom and viceversa, i killed maxed out tanks. Once justme decides to invest in a tank he'll stop complaining. How come, just me, no lvl 90+ players complained about the tank?

6. Justme

Justme Member

I played on this server for about 2 weeks now, i think i have the right to judge whether a tank is op or not when he's fully upgraded.

So no i'm not some poor sap who faced one single gemmed out tank i faced serveral.

I also faced many tanks who aren't gemmed out but still own my entire team with ease because they are upgraded to max and have about 100 bounty to heal themselves with.

And since when have you faced a highly upgraded tank who sucks?

Mind telling me why tanks are fine as they are right now?

Wouldn't mind feedback on my suggestions :/. Or maybe you weren't using sarcasm?

Those tanks that get killed in less than a minute are hardly highly upgraded tanks. Highly upgraded tanks rarely die. If they do die you're very very lucky.

7. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

i beg to differ on that Justme. I am maxed out according to my lvl as a tank but i still got killed by 4 lvl 80+ Survivors. maxed up tank has 16,5k health, and most high lvl survivors do 1,2k damage/slash with a melee. Now multiply that by 4-5 ppl and add in consideration the fact that the tank swings really slow. Now do the math.

because of what i've just said above.

My friend, you have not fought a paranoia tank on vs just yet. wait till you encounter one and we will talk about it. if you are complaining now, what will you do when 1 tank you fight has 40k health, is immune to melee and fire and sends everyone flying when he hits an in-capped survivor.

wow...2 whole weeks? don't mean to be sarcastic, but you are opening the door for me...i guess you haven't experienced the pleasure of a fully maxed bitchsap, or a ride on the invisi-jockey train, or a invisi-charge from one corner of a map to another, or the pleasure of walking through spiter goo that shows you down 75%...

Mon ami, back to my original question, and i quote
    why only low lvl complain about SI or surivors being over-powered.

Please answer this and I will be happy

8. Edward Marlus

lol i was gonna answer him but after that i think the topic is gg after that.

EDIT : Invisijockey...Invisicharge...LMFAO oh my god... two great tastes that taste great together...if done properly that is..

9. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

Just me, do me a favor..Right now it's 3:35 PM, MST in USA. In about 8 hours, come and Join USA PR VS server. at that time, most of the high lvl players will be online. that means high lvl tanks and slicing and dicing...you will see then "OP" tanks and how to kill them ;)

10. Justme

Justme Member

Today there was a level 103 player who complained about tanks so not only low level complain. But he was only one person i haven't seen anyone else who is high level really complain. Probably because they own our asses with tanks that they don't want him to be nerfed because of that :D

I obviously care for your opinions about this and even though you think i'm wrong i still think it's OP and just from playing 2 weeks there's nothing that tells me otherwise.

When i'm level 80-90+ i will let you know what i think about tanks. I'm level 71 atm so i just need a few days ^^.

11. Edward Marlus

you don't need a few days, you need a bloodhand to see you through.

EDIT ; C WAT I DID DER BLOODY C ;D. No but seriously, sometimes it can be a bitch dealing with tanks. My advice to you is somehow get a Bile Jar(Needs Acid Jar Maxed LoL).

12. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

Observations

• if you haven't upgraded your hawk-eye (damage done to SI) then being high level is not enough to kill a tank fast
    • if you haven't upgraded your Swing - same as above
    • if the tank buys health than it can keep up. Example: last night, on no mercy i was a tank in the saferoom with 3 lvl 90+ survivors. I entered with 40 bounty and made enough bounty off them to heal for 5 times before i died. if the tank has support (example - spitters to spit under the tank so survs take damage) then it can block off Survs for a long time
    • if the tank has wet skin - then throwing molly's is useless. I love, when i am the tank, people throwing mollys withtout even checking who the tank is, and then "why isn't he on fire?"
    • if a the player that has the tank has no bounty then yes, it's fairly easy to kill a tank, even a 15k one
    • i won't even go to mention paranoia.....

13. Justme

Justme Member

I have maxed Hawk Eye as much as i can, i need level 102 or something for the max or next level.

I also maxed swing as much as i can, need a certain level for next level or max level i don't know, i know i can't level it again though.

I guess i need level 100+ to kick tanks ass then but i don't think i will be doing that even when i'm level 100 but we'll see.

Thanks for the replies guys!

And now offtopic

Would like to mention i just bought the premium package and i wonder how long until i get it ingame?

14. Chocobo

Chocobo <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

One of the root admins will activate it soon and you will get a confirmation email telling you it has been delivered.

Oh, and tanks are fun for a reason :)

People complain that they are too strong
    People complain that they are too weak

There is just no satisfaction for you guys.

15. Edward Marlus

Remember this for the rest of your life, golden-furred birdie: Players never know what the fuck they want. That goes for all games. >:|

16. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

Golden-Feathered, Eddie. Birds have feathers, mammals have fur, homo sapiens have hair. In some hairy cases, you can call it a fur :)

Epic fail Eddie :), this one goes on failbook.com

17. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

leave the tanks as they are .Now bec of upgraded melee and there r soo many high lvls players tanks die in seconds .I have killed a high lvl tank(YO) on my own thanks to melee upgrade.

18. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I thought Chocobos were made of KFC?

19. Edward Marlus

Will I get sigged for this? :D

20. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

check failblog.org in a few days :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.