1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Tanks are Timing out!

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Mr Zombie, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

I was just looking at a comment made by Wolf in an other thread about the Tank timing
    out even though i am attacking and hitting the players with roicks
    http://www.marvelous-gaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=615
    and it reminded me that this happend the other day on 'L4D1 Hardcore EU', it has
    not happened, (to me anyway!), more then twice but still, its happening.

2. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: Tanks are Timing out!

I see 2 different problems right here and i think i could explain them both.

1)Wolf's: When the Dice mod on L4D2 spawns a tank, it will force any player to be the tank even if this player is a tank already. Same with any other special infected, you might be pwning survivors with a tank, but after a hunter spawns and there are no human players available, it takes the tank player. Im not sure why this happens since the plugin uses the default valve spawning system.

2)Yours: When you hit a player with a Rock or with a Car, sometimes the game wont recognize you hit them since those two elements are not part of the tank itself. So, to avoid losing the control, punch them once a while and then run away to hit them with anything near. If im able to, i can write a fix or something to avoid this problem.

3. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Re: Tanks are Timing out!

Thanks for the explanation :)

Well, there does not really seam to be much need if Im the only one to notice and
    as it has only happened twice, If it becomes an issue then thats differant.