1. Click here to join our community discord server.

tank spawn bugs

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by brahmburi!i, Aug 19, 2010.

1. brahmburi!i

brahmburi!i MG Donor

Hi, had today a lot of tank spawn bug in areas tank couldnt leave:

on hills, behind wall, stuck in little corners...

last game minute ago 2 tanks of 3 stuck and couldnt attack the suvivers because they couldnt leave the area they stuck in lol... 2 tanks -.- map is farm 02 on hardcore server left4dead 1.

Hope someone can fix these bugz

2. ALIAS

ALIAS Junior Member

Re: tank spawn bugs

He is right i was playing with him yesterday and i have seen many tanks get stuck out of map and can't get out of the spawn place so the survivors many times made it to reach the saferoom because tanks are stucked behind.

3. Ricox

Ricox Member

Someone can, but that someone wont fix them (*cough* Valve).

P.S Merged both of your topics and deleted the double post which got created due to merging.

4. bluebart[PL]

bluebart[PL] Guest

This is not L4D only problem. Its happen also in L4D2 on random maps. Tank can't move or climb. I'm not sure if this is Valve fault (bug).

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

it's not a valve bug, since valve supports only 1 tank at the time, it happens sometimes when you try to spawn more.

So either the plugin needs fixing or we have to revert back to 1 powerful tank, but I like 3 tanks ;)

6. ALIAS

ALIAS Junior Member

3 tanks is way better than one because they can work together and win the survivors!

7. Fa!l

Fa!l Senior Member

there is also a bug that lets the tank get slapped in the air and it stays there for an xx amount of time what is frustrating for the player who is the tank

8. Kalei

Kalei Guest

That's usually when you hold fly when you are becoming the tank. That sometimes puts the tank above the level.

9. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

I had a bug today, which made me lol since it actually helped me get to the survivors and punch em to the ground.
    So I was a smoker on vicious infected, happily I'm spawning then OH SHIT I'M BECOMING A TANK, I quickly grab a survivor and then become a tank, so I'm punching survivors, but some are out of my reach as they are too far.
    Suddenly, I get the message your tongue has broken since it stretched too long and my tank makes the jump you get when you're smoker when that happens, for tank this bug is awesome as it makes you jump really high while maintaing the ability to move as if I'm on the ground, this helped me reach the out of reach survivors when I suddenly fell on their head ^^ (No I don't lose gravity, I do fall)