1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Tank Idea: Broodmother

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by spooky, Jun 1, 2016.

1. spooky

spooky Junior Member

The idea of this tank is that at health intervals, the Broodmother enters a state of invulnerability (until any spawned tanks are defeated), and spawns smaller tanks which are unleashed upon the survivors. The Broodmother enters a state of invisibility and targets random survivors with increased speed, but reduced damage and attack speed.

HP: 250,000
    Damage: 100 (when visible), 60 (when claoked)
    Speed: 1.25 (when visible), 1.5 (when cloaked)
    Attack Speed: 1.5 (when visible), 1.2 (when cloaked)
    Immunities: melee, acid, bile, explosions, fire

Spawns a wave of 3 random Tier 1 tanks when HP falls below 200k. Spawns a wave of 3 random Tier 2 tanks when HP falls below 150k. Spawns a Joker tank every 1 minute (for a maximum of 3 minutes) when HP falls below 100k but no longer enters invulnerable state. If the Broodmother is still standing after 4 minutes, a random Tier 3 tank will join the fight until the Broodmother is defeated.

The Broodmother's attacks deal explosive splash damage, and below 100k, will target incap survivors with a damage of 350.
    Every 20 seconds whilst visible, the Broodmother will teleport to a random survivor and deliver a stun AoE which immobilizes nearby players for 3 seconds.

Whilst below 100k,
    -- 10% chance to inflict Internal Bleeding,
    -- 10% chance to inflict Poison
    -- Speed increased to 1.5
    -- Killing a survivor grants invisibility until next attack.
    -- Gains 20% damage resistance to bullets.

2. Nice idea of the Tank (Considering its a challenge for the survivors IMO) However there are a few things that I needed to clarify
    - Why with the three tier 2 tanks and a random tier 3 tank? (just thought i'd ask :) )
    - Tank can inflict both Internal Bleeding and Poison on hit right? (as per the conditions)
    - with the damage of 350 is that to incapitated survivors?
    - I assume that with that stun AOE it's similar to Electric Tanks shock ability right?

For a Tier 2 or Tier 3 tank. I'd say it would be pretty tough to kill, and it would make for a good event tank (HonorCodes' and Stefemans' events + the halloween event)

Thanks for your tank idea man! I will let other mgftw players know about it.

3. spooky

spooky Junior Member

I believe that the spawned tanks should have about half their normal health but with the same sort of abilities as their full brethren. The t3 tank serves purely as a motivator to focus on the broodmother as it will despawn (not die) when the broodmother dies. No rewards should drop for the T1 survivors but the mini-T2 tanks should give a bit under half normal rewards. The broodmother should drop varying rewards based on the types of tanks spawned as well as a bonus for the T3 finale.

Please note well that the t3 will likely be spawned for at most 5 minutes after the jokers leave as the he will be down to maybe 50-70k. The strategy is to kite and survive the t3 attacks and focus fire on the vulnerable broodmother. Also the broodmother will continually be on the offensive as survivors fight the mini-tanks.

As for the stunning AoE, yes, like the electric tank.
    The debuff on hit is total 20% chance to inflict, with either poison or infection being inflicted at random.
    The 350 damage is only applied to incap survivors.

EDIT: No tanks spawned should be invulnerable to bullets AND melee - they must be killable.