1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Suggestion regarding round starts

Discussion in '[L4D2] Points Reloaded' started by Sniper, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Sniper

Sniper Junior Member

I'm new here, so this may have been suggested before.
    I find that there are alot of teamswitchers to spectator before a map ends and switching while a map starts, exploiting those with slower computers who are waiting for a map to load.
    This can be quite fustrating since there is a teamscramble vote available to those who think the teams need mixing.
    My suggestion is to not allow spec's to join a team until the saferoom door is opened. This compounded with a small door open delay plugin [15seconds should suffice], I believe, would solve this problem by giving time for slower pc's to load, to take the slots in their team and would make your servers even better than they are currently.
    Great servers, please keep up the hard work and dedication you guys put in to keep these servers running.

2. Sunburn

Sunburn MG Donor

The only problem with the 15 second delay is, when someone joins a game, immediately after the door is opened, you spawn deader than a doornail that's been melted down and put into a terminator.

3. Sniper

Sniper Junior Member

Never seen that one happen before. I am positive there is an easy solution to this minor, but irritating problem which does not involve dead spawning. Anyone joining before door open would be in spec and autojoin would not work, anyone joining after door open would be assigned a position in a team which isnt full, as per usual.
    Maybe i'm missing something about this, but I cannot see how a player would spawn dead, if you could explain, I would be most grateful ;) I suggested 15 seconds as an approximate most time it takes for a pc to load a map. Personally on a Pent D 2.6 800fsb[worst gaming cpu ever] it takes 15-20 seconds to load, easily enough time for anyone on a core2 or higher to join the opposite team, forcing people out of their original team, into a spectator slot.

4. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Here's the deal. Find us a suitable plugin and if it's good we'll add it to the servers.

5. Sniper

Sniper Junior Member

Ah great, thanks alot admin, I know there are a few door timer & teamjoin plugins available. I will hunt around for the best of each plugin available and send you a PM :)
    Great support and fantastic servers, its no wonder you guys have the best servers around.

6. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

No problem :)