1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Suggestion: Give Sticky Bomb Buff more description to make it easier to understand

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by timkit, Dec 23, 2017.

?

Give Sticky Bomb Buff more description to make it easier to understand?

1. Yes - This would make me understand how the buff works much better.

100.0%
  2. No - The Sticky Bomb Buff description is fine as it already is, I can know this off by hand.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My response is in the post below!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. timkit

timkit MG Donor

Hey'll, just had an idea come up in my head about that Sticky Bomb Buff and what I would do to make that buff easier to understand for players.

Now what some of you might not know is that the sticky bomb buff effect will fail to work if you die and or if you get eaten by Glutton/Supreme Glutton Tanks (switching sides which also includes going into spectator mode). This is intended as a normal thing, however it would be good if people know more about it so they then had to survive while waiting for their sticky bomb to blow up in 30 seconds.

This is currently the description of the buff effect as it is
    Allows you to attach a device to tanks which will detonate after 30 seconds dealing 15,000 true damage to the tank and nearby infected within 350 units. Survivors caught in the explosion will receive 15% (Max: 1,000 HP) damage and be stunned for 5 seconds. The bomb fails if the tank dies before detonation. Only 1 bomb can be attached at once.
    <Hold the USE key then shove the Tank>
    <Subsequent uses on the same target halves damage up to 2 times>
    <Once per round>
    <Coop Only>

If it was possible, I would recommend adding in the following to make it easier to understand the Sticky Bomb Buff.
    Allows you to attach a device to tanks which will detonate after 30 seconds dealing 15,000 true damage to the tank and nearby infected within 350 units. Survivors caught in the explosion will receive 15% (Max: 1,000 HP) damage and be stunned for 5 seconds. The bomb fails if the tank dies before detonation, if you die or if you get eaten by Glutton/Supreme Glutton Tanks. Only 1 bomb can be attached at once.
    <Hold the USE key then shove the Tank>
    <Subsequent uses on the same target halves damage up to 2 times>
    <Once per round>
    <Coop Only>

That's it for this post! feel free to post your thoughts below! Would be much appreciated. Check out the poll above too!!

Chach likes this.
  2. Mute

Mute Head Administrator Staff Member

The issue here is that the Sticky Bomb description is already on the edge of the character limit. (panels can only show 511 characters) Adding any more will cause it to cut off, causing parts of the description, or the options to buy/equip or cancel to not show.

timkit likes this.
  3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I see now. The character limit with the panels is something I didn't know about.

Would not be very nice to not be able to see the options, despite being able to press them with no problems. I know it has occurred in the past with buffs and quests before anyway.

Thanks mute.