1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Suggestion for L4D servers.

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Stefeman, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

okay, since there has been a chat about berserker mode and speed versus, i have an idea..

As we all know, people basically hates to wait for respawn as infected.. but if the spawn timer shorter than 20 seconds, it would be annihilate.. (with current settings)

so, my idea is following:

- Decerease health for common infected (like -20 -50) so they are easer to kill
    - Decerease health for special infected. (as many u like.)
    - Decerease the damage that boomer deals with bitch slap.
    - Change the damage that hunter claws (when pounced survior against floor) into 4 or 5 per sec or so,)
    - Decerease the spawn timer (of players) into 5 or 4 or to instant spawn.
    - Increase the survior health with some sort of plugin or mod into 150 or 200. (so they could hold faster spawns) or then add some plugins that increases survior's abilities.

So my plan is to increase special infected count per round, without "huge" 20 seconds delay in spawn, and on the same time making special infected's like 15-20% less deadly, and increasing the survior's health (so they could hold out better).

by that way the spawn timers would be instant or alot of shorter and on the same time the balance would stay somewhat same.. and of course there would be less AFK:ers between respawn times. (many goes to AFK for respawn time as infected)

of course i made this idea up on my mind in 2 minutes, so it can fail hard..
    Tell me what u think about it? :P

2. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Re: Suggestion for L4D servers.

Well, yes, faster respawn is more fun when you play as infected, and if the survivors get some boosts i think they would have fun also.

The only thing is, on which server should these changes be applied? Hardcore or Expert?

3. Kalei

Kalei Guest

The one that's the least popular?

4. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

[quote=Kalei

5. Popshotz

Popshotz Guest

I think l4d1 is still pretty popular. It always gets full at one point in the day.

6. Stefeman

[quote=Kalei

7. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Hi,

I agree with you, I think spawn delay is way too long. I really like it on rush hour but that one is too impossible with 2 sec. delay. I think about 10 sec. delay would be perfect. Let's have a look at it this weekend how we can balance things up with the survivors when we increase spawntime. This goes for L4D2 as well I think.

8. Stefeman

10 seconds is perfect as long the balance stays. :)

9. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Well I already updated hardcore versus to 10 sec spawn delay. It was already on min 10 max 15 so let me know how it works, I think that server was too soft anyway on some maps :)

I'm not sure about expert though, that one is so hard already so I first need to increase survivor strength there before I do that.