1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Strange Steam Message I See From Time To Time

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by erik, Sep 11, 2013.

1. erik

erik MG Donor

Hi,

When I try to update games on my other computer that I don't use too often, or sometimes when I try to let games that I haven't played much update, I get this message.

I usually back out of it cuz I can't chat during it. It's a total pain in the ass and makes me just want to reinstall the game (would be faster.)

Does anyone know what really causes this? I haven't seen anything consistent out there, but I may not be looking properly.

I get it with Counter Strike Source & L4D1/2.

[​IMG]

zOmGgGgGg

2. HighVolt@ge

HighVolt@ge Senior Member

Wow, my disc usage for L4D2 is 12662 MB LOL. I remember this poping up for me awhile back. I did it expecting it to take FOREVER but I dont think it took too long.

3. erik

erik MG Donor

That was a wonky figure, yeah that's very close to what my usage is. I couldn't take it, I was going bonkers and had to play a game. It kept taking forever.

Anyhoot, I went to validate after that, then it hung at 99%. Forget all this junk, I just deleted it and redownloaded it within a couple minutes. Who needs that mess.

4. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

5. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor