1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Sticky goo doesn't work

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Glace, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Glace

Glace Junior Member

I've been observing people stepping on my goo for some time now, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't slow anyone, even though I have 8th lvl of this skill. I also tried asking people if it slow them but they all say that with all the chaos happening around it's impossible to tell.

2. AirBorn

AirBorn Guest

When u spit directly under a survivor that is moving forward and is pretty much through it at the end it doesn't slow them down at first. When you Spit and a person is just picked up it will not slow them down for the first like 1-2 secs they are up. If a person uses a med kit and has Mustachio they will not get slowed down. If a person takes pills they will not get slowed down for the first 1-2 secs after using them.

These are the reasons they do not get slowed down. You must not be spitting people right if yo have that high level spit.

3. Glace

Glace Junior Member

I doubt that this is the case. Many, many times I've seen various people running through the whole pool of my spit and not getting affected at all. I even made some further research now, spitting everywhere and watching people again. Same effect (or rather no effect).

4. Ami-Lilian

Ami-Lilian MG Donor

Wanna test it with me so I can tell you if it slows me down?

5. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

that sounds so wrong on so many levels :))

6. Hazemberg

Hazemberg Senior Member

It doesn't work in any servers?

7. Glace

Glace Junior Member

Sure, I added you to friends on steam.

I tried L.A., USA and EU points and etc versus servers and it's all the same everywhere.

8. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

i thought this exact same thing while saying oooo lala

9. Ami-Lilian

Ami-Lilian MG Donor

We tested it on a empty versus server, and just like he says it doesn't work at all. Maybe a root know what the problem is with the skill. And by the way, what about my earlier post sounded so wrong? Smokke? Legend? Atreyu? O_o

10. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Legend? He didn't even post in this thread and thats the second time you mentioned his name where he hasn't posted, i think your missing him a lot :P And the reason they said, it sounds wrong because if you have a dirty mind and think of that phrase with a dirty mind then it does seem a lil dirty but if you have a dirty mind then mostly everything sounds wrong :)

11. Ami-Lilian

Ami-Lilian MG Donor

Legend liked Smokke post, only reason I brought him up.

12. Raised in Hell

13. LEGEND

LEGEND Senior Member

Sheesh, I'm being mentioned up and down these days :)

Trust me, with the amount of advertising Ami's doing, I'd be on some news channel with my mug on the screen, all by tomorrow.

14. vinith

vinith Junior Member

what lvl is ur defense wreaker? I had same problem with sticky goo u need to upgrade ur defense wreaker skill to make survivor slow becoz it makes ur spit heavier and deals dmg to survivor upon collision.

15. atreyucore

atreyucore Senior Member

doesnt matter, my def wrecker is 0 and it still slows ppl down.

16. smokke1982

smokke1982 Banned

defense wrecker is kinda pointless against high levels...in my opinion.

17. uиι√єяsal

uиι√єяsal MG Donor

i also have problems with my stickygoo is maxed lvl 9 & everyone always seems to run through it with ease

18. Striker

Striker MG Donor

Defense Wrecker has nothing to do with it and trust me, with lvl 9 sticky they should be feeling the effect very well (You can barely move in it, they should be at least downing noobs non-stop).

That is probably the single most important infected upgrade and if it's not working it's a pretty big flaw.

19. Raised in Hell

I played on the VS and my sticky goo works fine

20. Glace

Glace Junior Member

Yep, that's why I rarely play as the spitter. It is pretty much worthless without sticky goo.

It isn't a problem that just popped out of nowhere at some point of my career on MG servers. This skill NEVER worked for me and I was constantly upgrading it, hoping that it would fix itself somehow. I was just too lazy to register on the forums and post about it lol.