1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Stats still down and remain that for a while...

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jun 25, 2010.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

As you can see we're having a lot of trouble with the statistics website. This is because the server the (3.2 GB sized) database is now hosted on hasn't enough juice. Every night when the DB optimization is running and the generation of the daily awards the stats page and DB are inaccessible during that time. When saying time, I'm talking hours, last time it even took 36 hours and it still was busy lol.

This means that we're going to have some serious downtime on the statistics part of MG. I'm talking days, probably weeks. We still have a server in-stock, a HP DL380 G4 Dual Xeon with 12GB RAM and 6x 15K SCSI disks. When stats are running from that server they will probably fly :mrgreen:

However, I need some spareparts for that server first, some additional disks and a rackmount kit which have been ordered but it will take time for the parts to come in and to setup the server so bare with us there. We're doing everything we can to bring it back up ASAP but for now we'll have to do without stats. DB backup is still available so when the new server is in place no data will be lost.

2. EndOfTime

EndOfTime Member

Re: Stats still down and remain that for a while...

:( awww, and its the weekend. I've put in at least 16 hours in the past 2 days since I've been off work.

3. marvel

Yeah sorry for that but it is like it is right now. But don't worry they come back better then before.

4. marvel

There's good news and bad news. Good news is that the parts are in. Bad news is I need more time to install it and put everything back online and then place it in the datacenter. But it won't take long anymore now :)

5. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Thank god, iv been geting questions left, right, and center regarding the stats every day