1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

starting round with MF enabled

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by The Munsters, Dec 8, 2013.

1. The Munsters

The Munsters MG Donor

A MF buff that allows the players to start round with BW

2. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

I will lol at the people who get pounced in the beginning when they're not even ready :D

3. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Even funnier would be them yelling at the people moustachio blessing out of the saferoom for healing...

Did I say funny? I meant sad!

4. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

Even though I find idea flawless looking at consequences, everybody using it will die way to often wasting healing resources and in case of a strong tank making killing it impossible. I think such buff shouldn't exist, MF already changed tactic of a lot of players leading them to taking damage on purpose just for some xp, with instant B&W buff instead of constantly getting incapacitated they will be dying all the time. It would be highly frustrating.

5. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

I'd like to see the MF buff removed all together. I use it, but only when I actually get B&W through normal circumstances (incapped too much either by tank chasing me or commons/specials incapping me). People standing in front of a tank that you can actually shoot just makes me mad and I don't bother fighting it anymore. This affects my enjoyment of fighting tanks.

More so than that, we have people incapping themselves at the start of maps by standing on the barrels of fire. This can be considered bounty farming for the people reviving these idiots.

6. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

Exactly, there are always some people wanting to MF so badly, that they incap themselves by standing on the barrels. This can be a little annoying because you need to wait until they get B&W. I really wouldn't mind if the buff was removed altogether, it would really decrease the drama about healing.

7. Cheena

Cheena Banned

I hope that MF isn't taken away to be honest.

MF is what a lot of players, including me do enjoy a lot. If you are going to disable this, MGFTW WILL definitely lose a fair bit of players, regardless of level.

Yes. I know that people do hog the tanks and want an early MF period. I'll admit that I do that too. But I do that as gravitational-falls wont allow anyone to MF anymore. Thus, it must be from fire or getting hit.

Why not go with a buff that makes the 'revive'-count similar to a normal L4D2 game (1-normal, 1-after being revived and 1-being in b&w as last chance)? I know that it may go against the revive-count Skills in the game, but anything is better than to remove MF entirely.

8. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

We'll lose players because people can't get repeatedly downed on purpose and exploit a buff to level up fast? Woe is me...

I see FAR too many people raging at healers while using MF for it to be a healthily used buff, and the whole "DON'T HEAL ME" thing REALLY detracts from the team aspect of L4D2 and to a further degree PR coop. Add that to the aforementioned bounty farming issue, and I'm super glad that it's been disabled on tanks.

I also see people with MF deliberately hanging back from the tank (obviously because they're black & white and don't want to die before the tank), and that inhibits the chances of the team even defeating the tank (they hang back instead of reviving teammates/helping clear infected), which is downright rubbish for everyone involved.

It's a buff with issues in use and I'm glad it's been nerfed.

9. The Munsters

The Munsters MG Donor

I agree that its against team playing spirit as MF players hang back afraid of being killed. However the choices of buffs is what makes a modded server spin. As soon as the game is modded the concept of original game changes and so at the end of the day the style of playing is left to an individual players.

As people pointed out that tank is surrounded by players and others are unable to shoot it. I say more the reason for MF at the beginning of the round so MF players don't hog the tank and non MF players can take pot shots at the tank :)