1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Start Skinning your steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bevis, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Bevis

Bevis Guest

I was randomly browsing through the settings on steam and came across this magical place for skins to be changed. wtf? since when could you do this and why doesnt steam promote? through a little reasearch on google i found this link on reddit. too bad i didnt know this before.

2. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Be aware, that once steam updates, the skins will/may break up, causing crashes and other issues to you.

When choosing a skin for yourself, pay attention into the usual update interval.

Using skins with Beta client makes it even more unstable, so make sure you download them from more official source, such as steam's own moderated forums.

The only decent (and frequently updated) one i know is PixelVision. It also appears to work with Beta client too.

Warning: Do not place any .dll or .exe files into any of the steam folder. If those mentioned filetypes are included with skins, it's most likely a fake. Skins should only be installed into Steam's "skins" directory and nowhere else.

3. Bevis

Bevis Guest

Cool I did not realize the update thing. All the ones ive tried from the site are working fine as of now. Doesn't seem to be that many out there. I wonder why.