1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Special tanks

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by Penguin, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Duncan

Duncan New Member

First of all it could work just to reduce the draining thing, and it will be useful for multiple tanks fight, that way shaman can call his friends again :P. And maybe work to reduce the draining of supreme shaman too. Standard tank... well.. a metal is a standard tank too :S and I dont see ppl asking to make them stronger

Don't worry, this wont be released. It wasn't even a suggestion because we already talk about this months ago when HD was online. It was like all my post of "I want my boomer trap back", or "remove / reduce range of the f..:smiley-talk034::smiley-talk034::smiley-talk034: super pipe bomb trap from vs" lol When I post something serious I make long boring posts

2. Tricky

Tricky MG Donor

Oh, like the same way shaman handler makes a shaman a standard tank? ;)

3. Penguin

Penguin Guest

Good point.... xD

4. dikew

dikew Member

if the drainer handler buff really exist, it would make the high leveled players way too overpowered, as an alternative way to handling drainer we can buy bounty item in the store with the name of Garlic Potion or Magic armor that can only work once per map.

5. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

not as though drainers aren't already demolished by teams of high levels anyway.

6. tank

tank MG Donor

Yea 'cos it's easy right now to kill him, drainer is easy meat,first make him on fire, just shoot (use awp sniper give 860 dmg, if u like rifle use AK47, bile him continuosly and thats it, if you are maniac and like come close to shoot him use med kit and mustachioo.(but you know he will make you bleed)
    For defead para the same as for drainers ( snipe him from distance)
    Suggestion :
    We could record in game and make short video guide how to kill all tanks on mg, youtube is free.
    You don't need upload 1-2 hour fight but just best parts and strategy used for kill tank.
    Then we can choose best video for Special tanks video guide.

7. Special tanks are a huge part of what makes MG stand out from all other servers. It is THE highlight of the coop servers.
    Reduce spawn rate of it? nono.
    Increase spawn rate of it? yesyes.

To balance things out, dundun made a very good point. Decrease rewards for it. I havn't met anyone who has lack of enhancement stones before.

Not sure how if its possible or how much work that would take, but if it is, I'd love to see that. Havn't played coop parish personally in months. Due to the fact that you can't fight tanks. Same goes for dead center and passing.

Respectfully disagree. Drainers bring about a twist in multi tank fights which i personally love.

Not sure if shaman handler works on supreme shaman's drain ability, doesn't seem so to me. If it isnt working, why not? Supreme shamans are so difficult, they incap survivors like flies. (teleport + drain combo is just @.@). If it is, hopefully, its protection rate can be increased (i still get incapped as fast or faster than a normal drainer tank, again not sure, not many supreme shamans encounters since i got handler).
    Have not killed a supreme shaman without admin help (defibs, kits etc).
    Would love to have a more reasonable fighting chance against one soon.

8. gcrook

gcrook Member

Machete here.
    I need to say something that i -as well as other people- have stated a long time ago.
    The only reason we play coop is the special tanks.
    What brought me to this server in the first place was that awesome meteor tank event from more that year ago.
    It was the most awesome thing i have witnessed and i have been waiting for ages for a similar event to come back
    as it was promised in the battle tank server that never happened.Helps deep was also a big thing and its not happening anymore as well.
    Seriously im not a casual gamer and for the past 3-4 years i only play l4d and i have spent more money here that most people spend in 2 years buying other games.
    Make the coop servers fun again,i dont care if you incap tank rewards or create special events like HD or tank battle servers but please make this as awesome as it was because frankly its getting rather boring as of late.Playing coop is a routine we indulge to now that the vs servers are mostly empty (doesnt that trouble you that so many guys have left the servers?)
    We can support you in this as we always have just show us that you care.

9. honestly i see that the admins are reluctant to add more special tanks in is because of "farming"/overmod/oversaturated lvl215 issues.
    But in doing so the fun factor has been toned down a lot...
    I would like to see a "challenge"/tank arena server where xp is severely cut down but we get to experience something that cannot happen in the current middling coop/vs setup