1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Some thoughts about PR

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by klarnetbass22, Nov 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. klarnetbass22

klarnetbass22 Member

Hello

I have some things I want to share my opinion about some of the game elements.

Let's start with the campaigns. Mainly campaigns being played are: Dark Carnival, Crash Course, No Mercy, Death Toll and Dead Air. Obviously this is thanks to the tanks which are spawned on the finals of these campaigns and there is no time limit to kill them (Hard Rain and Swamp Fever even though have no limit in fighting tanks are not being played often, I assume they have too much water in them). As I think part of playing is to enjoy as much from the game as possible I think that rejecting certain campaigns is like removing part of the game. The idea is simple, its to make finales in the all campaigns interesting so all of them would be played and enjoyed. As there are theoretically 3 types of finale, running escape, scavenge and hold out each of them should have some interesting way, make it possible to do (coding and stuff), and also to make it playable (not turn it into farming simulator). Its hard to actually come with a perfect idea but every single idea that could make it better is valuable.
    Lets break it down: hold out campaigns don't need any corrections as they are being played most of the time.
    Running escape are maybe tough to make it without turning it into another hold out finale but I am sure there is possibility to allow to kill at least 1 tank during them.
    Scavenge finales are really difficult to come up with a good idea how to allow players to kill at least 1 tank and I can't give any solution I would think about it.

But why finale determines whole campaign ? Well, everyone wants to fight special tanks. But if we think why, some for challenge, but most of players want to fight them for rewards in cash experience in( now) FR-PILLS. So why are the finales only aspect of the game in PR that is so rewarding ? Making balance between rewards both in finale and other parts of the campaign would possible make people more likely to enjoy playing whole campaign not only last part of it. Most of players seems to find parts of the campaign before finale as bring and play them just because they must in order to reach finale. Except quest and quest items there is nothing rewarding in these parts and make it therefore not interesting. Which again eliminates one crucial part of the gameplay what is reaching the safety.
    I am not suggesting to add spawning tanks on each single part ( but rarely surprise tank would be nice :) ) but to design and develop something that would be interesting and entertaining and challenging if possible.

There is need of corrections to these page on the website
    http://mgftw.com/contact.php
    As we have new admins. Also as erik is not an admin any more but he done a lot to the community how about create a hall of fame and put him there .

This game communicate requires updating as we don't have gems now.
    [​IMG]

Also I think that interface of the cp panel should be improved by some simple ways to make user life easier.
    Use of icons: I don;t know if this is possible but if it is icons are powerful tool to guide players and help them especially if the English isn't their 1st language.
    Personalization: There are some basic gameplay settings|: But if it would be possible to for example change place where cp panel appear, or add function of automatic cp appearing upon entering the game or even maybe changing colour setting would definitely make irt better for an user.
    (By the way if you reached this far thank you for reading this :))
    Quick links: Instead of manoeuvring and pressing 5 button why don't press only 2 ? User could set a link which he uses most and make it fast to use for example in order to change buffs someone could choose to have quick link t coop buffs part instead of going through market, this would definitely save some time and make it more user friendly.
    Someone suggested some time ago also buff sets, there are people who configure their buffs before leaving the saferoom. But I never do this . Reason ? I don't have a patience to find a buff, remember what this buff is doing and equipping it adding also the lag between every selection and that I can type wrong letter and whole cp disappears. It's just frustrating. If there would be something like buff sets I could make and customize I could do everything in one go. There is no impact on the game balance if such thing would exist. Also there could be some default sets like newbie set with 1st most important buffs like crawl or knife which would help new players.

When after fighting a tank I am often curious how much damage i dealt to him, I think that 2 additional messages after defeating the tank: 1st nickname of a player who dealt most damage to the killed tank and amount of this damage ( this would make such person feel better and other player might want to get such thing too and there would be bigger competition for such a title, maybe even with small experience award) and 2nd message showing your own amount of damage dealt. I bet this is possible to do as in normal campaigns during loading screens we can see such values so game counts it. And If there would be more then 1 tank it is possible to substract damage dealt to old tank from total damage done to get damage done by new tank.

That's it folks by now , if you read it thanks for your time. I hope you find this a little bit interesting .

2. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

I'm a bit out of time so I'll just leave a quick reply regarding one of the many issues you addressed on your post: the finales.

We are aware of how people prefer the other finales in order to either fight special tanks and/or to get the rewards that come from killing them.

One of the ideas was to make Dead Center a non-timed finale in the following way:

Users may choose to either fill the gas cans or not (pretty much allowing farming) but considering two factors:

-The car has an integrity meter (0% to 100%) that displays the current structural integrity of the car. Common infected will to their best to reach the call and attempt to deal damage to it and destroy it so users would have to keep an eye to the meter in order to continue farming, even with tanks around.
    -Second, the difficulty would exponentially raise so farming gets more and more hard until survivors can't even survive the punch of a single common infected.

The previous tactic could be applied to maps like The Passing and The Sacrifice.

Also, we want to bring tanks back to the regular rounds but we need to first create a variety of them so they don't get old so easily (They could also randomly spawn special temporary buffs) and that is pretty much all that is stopping us from getting them back.