1. Click here to join our community discord server.

"'Smokers Tongue Range Upgrade"

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by ?z???[??L], Nov 28, 2013.

1. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

As i see smokers tongue is way too short some times...First of all there should be a upgrade of increasing the smokers tongue range costing only fr-p starting with 5 fr-p

Second:
    Able to buy skills/upgrades/buffs with fr-p i want to buy high rep buff but i can't due to my level but i can buy it with fr-pills it would be great to buy buffs/skills/upgrades with fr-pills if you do not meet the level requirement.

thats all i am going to say.

2. Tom1993

Tom1993 Head Administrator Staff Member

The tongue range is indeed short, if you compare it to the overpowered range in coop servers. I like this idea, maybe not increase the range too much but at least a bit :)

3. Duncan

Duncan New Member

You have to consider all scenarios not just regular gameplay, there are many spots where inf will be able to smoke survivors to the cliffs.. But a small raise in the range sounds nice.

4. Ian

Ian MG Donor

i find that it's ok, theres other SI's as well to 'cover' the smoker's tongue length, if everything is too 'well' for the SI it would be op

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Allowing the ability to buy with FR-Pills (bypass level requirement) will never happen because:

1.) It is bypassing the level requirement :)

2.) It is one tiny example that shows what we already know; We are obviously paying out wayyyyy too much for the PR system, for you to even have enough to consider buying your way around a level requirement with FR-Pills.

6. erik

erik MG Donor

This is unnecessary because we already have the Mercy Tongue Skill. This lets you selectively let go. This allows you MUCH MUCH more in terms of options than the ability to smoke from 10 miles away would.

You can drag and move, then drop them off of pathed ledges. (Karma Smoke)

You can release someone when you're standing on a roof and pulling them, as to avoid another survivior coming to save by shooting you.

We already have drag-and-move which makes up for any need to have a tongue range upgrade.

Thank you for the suggestion, though... I don't mean to say "no no no no no" to everything. However, this is just a case of something that we already have other abilities for that give better benefits.

7. Kakarot

Kakarot Senior Member

I agree with erik. Seeing the smokers have so many skills already such as mercy tongue or dragging so fast. Increasing tongue range for a smoker is just gonna make it too OP in PR

8. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

Agreed. As smokers are now, they can be used to devastating effect on knifeless survivors, and the mercy tongue is 100% one of the best skills around.

imo any increase in tongue range would have to be met with a reduction in another area.

9. tank

tank MG Donor

Idk how long play you here but that what u asking is old thing tested long time ago on MG servers, it was a time when smoker had have longer tongue but was reduced due the erik and duncan explainig over in topic.Was to OP.Since now still have smoker enough long range the smoke people on some maps to the abyss and kill them.So skills what smoker have today is not just randomlly set up skills then long time playing and testing on MG servers.

10. Adward

Adward Game Server Moderator Staff Member

100% agree with friend. if someone drags me half the map, eluding my teammates and successfully incaps/etc, or gets a karma smoke on me I'll applaud the skill grudgingly.

Smokers are one of the most powerful inf on PR VS when used right, and I like it that way :D

11. ?z???[??L]

?z???[??L] Guest

We all say karma smoke but why isn't there any karma smoke content in the game?

12. Duncan

Duncan New Member

because if we find out who the smoker is, he/she is gonna be in serious danger in the subsequent rounds lol :tomb:

Smoking someone out of bounds is only posible in a few maps, and imo it doesnt require any skills as a player to do it, you just have to stand in one spot and play catch and release, and most of the time you are safe because survivor's knife never works in time. I think is lame to kill ppl like that, like in dead center map 1 for example.... So, imo that shouldn't be considered a "karma action".