1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Small Idea: craftable revert stone

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by timkit [â„¢Ûž], Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. You know to this very day in mgftw, the revert stone itself has long since been unable to be used by anyone for the time that it was unable to be purchased (it has been implemented in mgftw though according to HonorCode). Thus I did have some recent thoughts yesterday about bringing back the revert stone as a craftable item for us to be able to craft. I asked Honorcode about this and below is what he said
    [Zero] timkit [â„¢Ûž]: did you get my messages?
    HonorCode: yeah a craftable stone sounds alright
    HonorCode: :D
    [Zero] timkit [â„¢Ûž]: glad to hear that. don't mind if I get peoples thoughts about it on the forums?
    HonorCode: yeah sure why not

​Some things that I should point out about the revert stone (HonorCode's words in steam chat are below)
    [Zero] timkit [â„¢Ûž]: btw, what does the revert stone do?
    HonorCode: restores pills cash used
    HonorCode: but not enhancement stones
    [Zero] timkit [â„¢Ûž]: this pretty much means any upgrade,skill,buff but not tank purchases?
    HonorCode: yeah

what it means is that the revert stone restores to you the cash and pills used for any upgrade/skill/buff but not tank purchases and basically its like a time machine to before you bought the upgrade/skill/buff
    (Note that your Enhancement stones do not get restored when using a revert stone)

Some Pros about this idea
    - Any unnecessary purchases that the player made in terms of buying a upgrade/skill/buff can be undone
    - Being able to craft the revert stone now as a more present method instead of what you did to get it in the past is the best thing that could happen :)
    (a positive that ミLuke Skywalker彡 who I chatted with mentioned that I forgot to include)
    ミLuke Skywalker彡: that may help some low lvl noobs correct their mistakes when doing upgrades lol
    ​- Shouldn't impact the gameplay of others negatively when your crafting a revert stone as an alternative way.

Some Cons about this idea
    - People complaining that they didn't want said upgrade/skill/buff and or tank purchase and not being able to revert it. (basically that "Suck it up princess" moment)
    - Unfortunately with the revert stone, you cannot revert a tank purchase :(
    - The fact that higher level players are able to get cash, pills and enhancer stones to purchase their upgrades/skills/buffs more quickly than lower levels (for lower levels, getting cash, pills and enhancement stones is more difficult)

Other Misc. about this idea
    - revert stones have not been used for a VERY long time.
    (Other Misc. that ♕ ACG | [HBS]GLaDOS [™۞] ♕ explained to me)
    ♕ ACG | [HBS]GLaDOS [™۞] ♕: To be fair, it'd have it's use sometimes but not always.
    ♕ ACG | [HBS]GLaDOS [™۞] ♕: I suppose it's their for an alternative though, in theory it sounds like a good idea.

Who would I expect to use the revert stone?
    - Mainly people who didn't want an upgrade/skill/buff and wanted to get something else instead.
    - Low to Mid level players who screwed up on their upgrade/skill/buff (relates to what ミLuke Skywalker彡 said earlier)
    (I wouldn't expect the revert stone to be crafted too often (this relates to what ♕ ACG | [HBS]GLaDOS [™۞] ♕ says about the usage of revert stones as an estimate))

Anything else to note?
    -HERE IS the estimated requirements of the revert stone, if the idea is to go through :)
    ​between $500 - $5000 cash cost
    between 5 - 25 pills cost
    estimated cost: $2000 cash
    estimated cost: 5 pills
    -HonorCode will get the FINAL SAY in what it will actually cost :) (if the idea goes through that is :) )

Thanks for listening to this post! Let me know your honest thoughts on this small idea and have a good day! :)

2. Kaji

Kaji Junior Member

Not a bad idea. Although one of my concern is regarding how much would you have to exchange to get the stone? I agree that it probably does benefit newer players more often, who would probably like to experiment a skill,upgrade, or buff firstly. Although, the aftermath of their points and/or pills traded in for that would probably leave them on the poor side. I guess depending on the person, it could be fun to work for it to get your points/pills back; however some may see it as too much work. I'm not throwing the idea away, I personally like to be given that option to do such a thing; I'm just putting that idea to take in consideration. Since crafting a revert stone would be a optional approach and only targets each person's choice who would want do it, I would think it shouldn't have a negative impact on the overall gameplay of others.

3. SL8TER

SL8TER Administrator Staff Member

Good idea, would also like to see that back in some form.