1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Should side-chat be enabled?

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by JorisK, Dec 23, 2012.

1. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Please vote :)

I think with side-chat turned on, the server becomes (too) friendly. Some people like this, some don't.

2. Blackf00t

Blackf00t Guest

I like being friendly :P, so I vote "On"

3. JavCube

JavCube MG Donor

I'm new on this game..so, what it is?

4. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

You have the ability to chat with everyone, even to players that are not close to you.

5. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

The servers already have everything disabled anyway, why not this as well?

Push people to use Teamspeak more. It acts like a "radio" system, which is more realistic. If you type, it's like using carrier pigeons with jetpacks or something. Keep direct comms chat on, but disable the rest if you want to keep the server on "Expert" mode.

I miss having a crosshair and 3rd person, what I won't miss is having side chat.

6. Blackf00t

Blackf00t Guest

Is a crosshair and third person realistic/Expert then?? To me it isn't......
    I use sidechat for ppl who aren't in my TS......and I don't want 5 ppl in TS playing DayZ

7. CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit Game Server Moderator

I didn't say I want them back, that's the point. Turning off side chat adds to the realism/expert mode. If they're not in TS you can still use Direct Comms voice chat.

8. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

7 to 2 looks like a clear vote :)

Side-chat has been enabled again ;)

9. Blackf00t

Blackf00t Guest

Thanks Joris ;)

10. Well I think that it should be on because I do like to talk to my frends and they never to on ts and I don't have them on Skype E.G. General and NSG

11. Mr Zombie

Mr Zombie Senior Member

Also there are people like me that cant use TS while in-game as it makes me lag, which is odd considering I can use Skype
    with no lag problems at all. Having said that, I have only tried to use TS with L4D on my clan server so maybe its a l4d related
    issue :/