1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

SEVER SIN AND HK KEEP CRASHING

Discussion in 'Server Questions / Issues' started by Roronoa_Zoro, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Roronoa_Zoro

Roronoa_Zoro Junior Member

Hi i wan asking why SEVER SIN COOP AND SEVER HK VS AND COOP keep crashing every map can any one fix this bug so anoying can play any longer thx and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEARS HAA

2. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

DDOS, and servers have no shield, going to be fixed next month (maybe).

3. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I don't see any evidence of a DDoS attack, however Steam had some issues yesterday it could be related to that.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on it, I was gone for Christmas so I must admit I didn't monitor the servers for a couple of days.

4. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

Well its either DDOS or the servers having a hard time dealing with the stress of PR 1.5

5. marvel

I've been watching and yeah I've noticed a lot of crashes. It seems like a bug though I was watching incoming traffic and I couldn't see any DoS packets coming in. Anyway I've enabled debug on the servers so next crash I'll know more (hopefully).

6. On the other hand. the US and EU are not the ones experiencing a lot more crashes than the SIN and HK servers. btw, during our time on the EU servers it only crashed once during the time that I was on.

7. marvel

HK was running like 90 minutes before it crashed. It doesn't say anything btw because EU/US have a better overall connection to the database server.

It's probably a bug, HC did some patching couple days ago, I'll ask him.

8. marvel

I'm running HK/SIN COOP through the debugger now. Crash should soon be visible.

9. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

OK we got about the same crashes on US VS server so I assume its a bug thats effected the whole system. Just some had a better time i guess?

10. marvel

Yeah we did some extensive debugging yesterday and rolled out a new patch, it seemed solved on US (played for 2 hours without issues). The patch has been applied globally so I hope it fixes SIN/HK as well.

11. marvel

Hmm I can see HK/SIN still crashing, I will investigate further.

12. HK COOP went down on the third crash.

13. marvel

Yeah I was running it in debug so both coops are down now but I got the crash output, first need to analyze that before we bring them back online. Please join EU COOP for now.

14. marvel

COOP crash should be fixed (I hope). It did crash again but that seemed just a regular crash. If it still crashes right after map change let me know, cheers.

15. Marvel, you know what happened to the HK COOP server? it got removed from sourcebans recently today.
    Btw thanks for bringing back SIN COOP, I will let you know if it still crashes after map change.

NOTE: the crashes during map change are still happening
    J◯LLⒾBee【 ღ Lα 】: yes.. pav told me its happen twice
    ♥Pavlova♥ 【 ღ Lα 】: it keeps crashing between maps..
    ♥Pavlova♥ 【 ღ Lα 】: 2x now in dark carnival..
    ♥Pavlova♥ 【 ღ Lα 】 is now playing Left 4 Dead 2. Click here to join.
    ♥Pavlova♥ 【 ღ Lα 】: and once at the last map of The Passing
    ♥Pavlova♥ 【 ღ Lα 】: it crashed again Tim..
    ♥Pavlova♥ 【 ღ Lα 】: it has happened everytime dark carnival changes maps..

I've had a look into the servers myself to see if crashes have happened

No reported crashes from HK VS or since when I was on today, all was good :)

I've been on the SIN COOP server myself since the server location change, thanks again marvel.
    We had a map change crash during the 2nd to 3rd map change in The Sacrifice (I changed campaigns earlier because Dark Carnival finale got stuck), this crash caused the SIN COOP server to go offline.

No reported crashes from US COOP or since when I was on today, all was good :)

Random Mid-map crash during the passing finale of EU COOP. otherwise all is good. :)

16. marvel

HK VS is fine but both COOPS keep crashing so I've shut them down for now since they became unplayable because of it.

I don't think HK COOP will come back anyway, because of 2 COOP servers in Asia EU got less populated so I'll probably stick with COOP on SIN and VS on HK in the future.

17. marvel

Ok so I need more time to reinstall Asia servers and fix some stuff. They will be down for a little longer. Sorry for the inconvenience!

18. [Loli in a box]

[Loli in a box] MG Donor

Think we should thank you for putting up with it :P

19. Chach

Chach MG Donor

Hey Marvel thanks for taking a look at the EU server.
    When both SIN and HK cOOP are active,literally noone plays on EU and i have both same high 370ms average ping on both server so it is really nice to have EU players back :D
    And Merry christmas,Happy New 2016 for everyone!

20. marvel

Gonzalo yes I know that's why I already removed HK COOP.

Anyway there's a new server up for SIN: 45.125.193.171:27015 mgftw.com SIN Points Reloaded COOP

I hope it doesn't crash.