1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Server Ideas (I have some inside already)

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by DeathLoL, Aug 23, 2010.

1. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Both ideas use the berserk format in them of getting points to activate a mode.
    Red means the name of the mode, and is the headline for easier reading

Team berserk
    when a team achieves a certain number of points, a few buffs will be given (Havn't thought about it to the end, will edit thread when the idea is more detailed)

Random mode
    this mode adds the randomness and will affect all players, a certain buff or a curse will be given to both teams, each team gets one for it self (As faster weapon reloading will be really useless to infected) and after some time the buff or a curse will be switched with another one, constantly changing the gameplay flow.
    A few examples:
    Survivors:
    Plauge
    A Plague has spread between the survivors, making them slowly die if not healed by a first aid
    Effect: Makes all health temporary, Devestating at beginning of campaigns, to make it even more hurtful, it could shorten the time temporary health takes to incap/kill by HALF but only applys to survivors with temporary health (AKA survivors who were incapped)

Sue the gun shops
    The guns of some survivors suddenly stopped firing, it either got broken (for good) or temporary stuck (For one minute or 2)
    Luckily, we still have our pistols and melee weapons
    Effect:Some survivors will not be able to fire their main weapons, If it's temporary, they only need to wait, if it's permanent, They need to switch a weapon (Now imagine that when fighting a tank)

An adrenaline shot a day keeps the tank away
    Want to stay healthy? Jealous of those survivors killing those tanks without getting hurt? buy the adrenaline shot pack for all of your friends! we sometimes give them for free because, well, there are infected who wants to kill us all and humans must survive, But sometimes we want money so don't expect to get them always for free!
    Effect: Gives all survivors an adrenaline shot, if they have pain pills it will not be switched

Infected:
    The amazing 1/2/3
    (The more there is, the rarer it becomes) A strain of the green flu has managed to evolve, but is still very weak, thus it was only able to infected a select few, They became the TANKS.
    Effect:Spawns tanks, one tank two tanks or 3 tanks, It could happen when the director spawns a tank, it could happen when there is only 1 survivor left, it could happen at anytime, 1 tank>2 tanks>3 tanks (1 tank is more common then 3 tanks)

Charismatic Fire
    Some infected listen to survivors before killing them, some survivors are very charismatic, they somehow convince the infected to go into a fire, It's really funny, but if you're an infected, your health is ticking away.
    Effect: Some special infected will be set on fire (Sweet sweet fire)

Blood Crave
    Blood is tasty, we all know that, but sometimes you can develop an addiction...
    Effect: Some infected will develop a blood addiction: When ever the hurt a survivor, they do extra damage and slowly regain health, but if they don't attack for 30 seconds, they lose health (Pretty quickly)

General (Both teams can get this)
    Metabolic boost
    Running all day long sure helps, you suddenly feel how you can run faster than normal
    Effect:Higher movement speed.

Lightning bolt!
    The cake is a lie, and so is god to the survivors, god is pissed, he wants to show them he exists, will he rage or will he help?
    Effect: Kills a special infected (Higher percentage for it to hit a special who is pinning a survivor) OR auto incaps a survivor (Completely random, Wouldn't it be fun if you have 100 hp?, perhaps b/w should be excluded)

Infected Server (Credits to bendah)
    Bendah said he wants an infected only for the purposes of training, although I somewhat agree and somewhat disagree, It could be usful.

Last man Standing (Credits to palmerbamafan123)
    This is a remake of deathmatch, but once you die, you die for good (Or you can have gamer life and have 3 lives), instead of just spectating, you become a special infected >=)

I WILL add more ideas when I get them.

P.S: This really reminds me of my childhood, I used to invent ideas for maple story (HEY, I WAS A KID :oops: )

2. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Re: This will be my idea thread (I have some inside already)

reserved for more ideas if I actually manage to fill out the first post

3. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

reserved for more ideas if I actually manage to fill out the first post

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Nice, I would love to see those idea's worked out. Especially the multi-mod mode.

5. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

I'd even help out scripting them.
    Problem: I have no idea how to script, but I really want to.
    If I could only find a guide =/

6. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

7. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Thanks =P, maybe now I can also be the executioner and not only the judge.
    I'm glad you guys like the idea!
    I'll try and think of more ideas tomorrow and while I sleep

8. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Thread edited, examples to the RANDOM mode added

9. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Re: Server Ideas (I have some inside already)

Bump~ Trying to find out what you guys think of the other ideas my friend and another person asked me to post

10. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Last man standing idea is very similar to another one in the project list, so it could be done.

I gotta confess that i'm a bit tired of coding right now, im getting rly busy with some real-life stuff and then i code plugins, so there is almost no time for me to have some fun playing and when i find it, therei s a problem with something in game xD. So it might take a bit of time to develop concrete and stable plugins. Sorry but i need to take some breaks. :P

11. DeathLoL

DeathLoL Member

Only half of the time I am actually concentrating on if it will be added or not, sometimes I just feel good suggesting it, so there is nothing to be sorry about =P