1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Server down 17-12

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by JorisK, Dec 17, 2012.

1. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Hi guys,

I made a stupid move when i was reconfiguring the firewall on the server and now the host is down. Normally this would be no issue but for some reason the management link is down aswell......

To be continued...

:smiley-signs103:

2. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Ok it seems up again...

3. Fenris

Fenris Junior Member

woohooo ill check :)

4. Server is down completely

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I'm waiting to regain control over the machine, hopefully tomorrow.

6. marvel

Hi we're able to reach the server again, however this server is in a new ip range which isn't filtered for ddos attacks. The attacker found out about this and is now flooding this server with DNS reflection attacks, so we will shut it down for now.

An e-mail has already been sent to the ISP to include this server range in their filters. As soon as that's done we'll bring it back online.

7. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

You kidding me? He actually sits on the computer and monitors our servers real time in order to find an opening?

So far i've thinked that, he does this for his own amusement in his free time, but this guy is really wasting his whole life for this one "mission"?

He dosen't need any jail or time with police.. what he needs is proper health care and a padded room in Psychiatric hospital.

8. marvel

lol yeah I'm not kidding. I figured it was another attacker targeting our Day Z server until I ran windump and saw packets with source port 53 incoming from a whole lot of DNS servers. I then suddenly realized we're not filtering the range that server is in.

And yes it's his life mission but he's probably getting paid to do it. Remember that $100 or even $10 is a lot of money in some countries. He's doing this from early in the morning to late at night so he probably doesn't have a job or doesn't go to school either.

He even continues on friday and saturday nights which means he doesn't go out as well which means he doesn't have any friends let alone a girlfriend so being payed is the only reason I can figure out why somebody would do this for months now day in day out.

9. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

That's beyond sad..

I honestly wish this guy would get some much needed help with his life lol..

(and disappear for good)

10. Blackf00t

Blackf00t Guest

Sooooo, what's up with the server now? It's still down..... :?

11. marvel

Still waiting for the ISP.

12. NSG

NSG Junior Member

Any idea if this will be fixed before the weekend?

13. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

It is :)

14. Blackf00t

Blackf00t Guest

It's down again, since 18:00 hours NL time

15. confirmed 17:15 UK time

16. JorisK

JorisK Day Z Admin

Up again, dunno why it crashed....