1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Self Revive changes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HonorCode, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracer

Tracer MG Donor

That's highly possible, but I just thought it was strange that while a lot of people have been bitching about it in the servers and here on the forums, in this thread the only people supporting it were admins or game server admins. Well, maybe not strange, but noteworthy.

2. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

Really this new selfrevive isn't doing any good.Now i think twice to help a guy at back bec even as a high lvl player i cant do nothing if 2-3 inf waiting for me at back. even if u have 100 bounties as survivor and left alone in the back u cant use them .This new selfrevive will definately help in coop but not in vs.I can assure u 90 % regular players do not like this selfrevive.

3. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I think it is really doing good. Ive played several hours with it with regulars and nobody seems to have a problem with it anymore. People got slaughtered the first hours with the new selfrevive but now they have adapted and make it.

4. Striker

Striker MG Donor

I couldn't disagree with you more Joerve. Just as I just killed you in The Sacrifice's first map even tho u had 2 fellow high lvls with you trying to help each other, I got slaughtered in the next map for trying to help 2 fellow high lvls.

We were the slightly weaker team and what it meant was rush and you may live, stay back and you will 100% die. No matter what lvl or skill you have, you're just dead. the world isn't a perfect place and not everyone stays behind for fallen or maybe simply charged team mates who are actually still green healthed. This update means you either play 100% team or 0% and we all know which way it goes 99% of the time...

I used to be able to carry low lvls at least for a while, now I'm just as dead as they are at the back and that's just not good.

5. joerve

joerve Senior Member

You said it right, I had only to fellow survivors, the rest had walked on

6. Striker

Striker MG Donor

True, but read on... I gave some pretty good reasoning as to why that happens...

7. joerve

joerve Senior Member

of course there are some drawbacks, but I saw 2 people rush in our team and they didnt stand a chance.

If you rush now, you will die 100%

8. MEV

MEV Member

yesterday i loose lucky toaster coze i cant revive myself to pick it
    man. this is total sux

9. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

I think you can crawl to it and press E as well?

10. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

u cant crawl and selfrevive if a inf on u

11. Wanted

Wanted MG Donor

Hey mev come to vs and try to help a teammate at the back and i will rape u with my smoker thanks to new selfrevive :)

12. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

i tried the new system a lot.. and i must say it have pro and contra..
    for example when only 5 survivors left game is already over when 2 hunter, 2 smoker and 1 charg grab them and no melee left. even if all got a kit or enough bounty. u cant do anything against it.
    a small solution would be bring extended hand back like before and test the system then.
    or make that u can revive urself but SI get knocked back. but longer than normal cuz character stand slowly up. just make 3 sec longer.
    just my opinion

EDIT: ah and maybe u can make some new lvls for sef revive skill that it work faster. when a mate kill SI on u it take a time till u stand up, while that SI got lot time to jump on u again and then u cant revive again

13. Lokk

Lokk Junior Member

[sry I dont speak english very well]

This new mod have to prevent people from rushers? It is the opposite! It is necessary to run fast or die alone behind...

In my opinion, new system favor in no way the cooperation in VS. Now, I often hesitate to help behind, because I know that I am going to die because I could not self-revie.

Is this new rule definitive? Because if it is the case, I think that would play less often...

14. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Thats what everybody things, and then you die.

I thinks its a great thing. It gives newbies a chance to kill a highlevel, and the rusher almost always die.

Besides, you can buy the knife-buff, and free yourself.

15. Lokk

Lokk Junior Member

The rushers dont die because SI are behind with poor newbies who dont have knife-buff...

16. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I started with level 1 again. (wanted to do it fair)

and if your team helps you no problem, I made it 3 out of 4 times, and im only level 9

and you can buy buff very fast. (the knife buff) I already have it

17. Kamikaze901

Kamikaze901 Member

Well from what I have seen if 1 or 2 bad things happen to survivors, (like an early incap, karma charge or slap, or that lone rusher who is not a main that the infected ignore) the infected get start to outnumber the survivors. Quickly goes from 10 vs 10 to 10 vs 7 and so on. Meaning game over for survivors. And leaving the saferoom to help is not an option anymore. Survivors will shoot out the door, but they wouldn't dare open it.

18. Dragon

Dragon MG Donor

I played VS yesterday and i don't find it so bad. I was helping teammates but i was not alone, i had some others teammates supporting me (teamwork!). This new self-revive system requires teamwork, but sadly most of the people are not not accustomed to teamwork because in the old system survivors are overpowered (in my opinion). In old system a high level survivor with enough bountys was able to fight with many infected and win, that's why people are accustomed to rush and forget team mates.

In this new system rushers are destined to fail and die, and I'm agree with that.

19. 1upgamer

1upgamer MG Donor

I really think it shouldnt be on any server. I find myself not playing Points Reloaded at all anymore because of the SI change.

People are getting smarter and if 1 survivor dies then all infected have to do is pick all the hunters, chargers, and smokers and they can incap the entire team and there is nothing survivors can do about it.

You no longer have the dynamic of there being one survivor alive and trying to make it and infected asking, does he have a kit, can he buy another? Nope, 1 hunter ends that game quickly.

I feel you are really hurting your core customer base with this change. I mean, who really buys things from the store? People are not buying enchanment stones or gems or double exp packages and then playing VI. They dont need to.

Please reconsider the change.

20. MEV

MEV Member

lie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.