1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Self Revive changes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HonorCode, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

yeah then try to play with new system and u will see how "good" it work.. still more rusher and teamswitcher as before.. great job -.-
    sry im real pissed off that... i went 5 times back to help ppl and everytime they left me to save themselves.. now i decide to rush and not go back.. thx

2. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

Changes will remain until our investigation is over. We dont have an exact date of when is our investigation going to end.

Any features, changes or fixes are never discarted from us, without enough observation.

3. bloodhand

bloodhand MG Donor

then pls observate vs servers... u will see xD
    survivors get raped, so they rush.. and if just 3 survivors left all with SI on them game is over.. even if everyone got 50 bounty..so before i prefered survivor.. now i hate playing it.. its just getting raped with no chance to survive if u dont rush

4. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

I for one actually like this new system. Yeah sure it has it's drawbacks but so did the old system. I'm just going to get straight to the point and say, people got USED to having the luxury of playing as noobs and self-reviving with a med kit. I've also died with this new system but that doesn't mean i didn't die with the old system but atleast i don't have to worry about getting killed by a survivor who has a medkit. People say there is too much rushing now and i do agree with the rushing but there was rushing before as well which is why this system was designed to stop the rushing but it hasn't helped.

First the game was mainly about survivors if you were a high level player, you could use your bounty and buy multiple med kits with it and keep self reviving but now even high level players die and that's how i feel it should be. if one team had 3 high level players helping the team out then most of the players would make it alive because they could keep buying the med kit to self revive and now people don't want to play as a TEAM, instead they want to rush because they have this thought in their head that if they stay back to help then they will die but if the team plays the game as a team then it wouldn't be so bad. I know loads of people will disagree with what i've said and would prefer the old system but i think the old system was such a nooby thing where you couldn't even kill the survivors easily.:knifeslice:

P.S. If we can manage to play Helms Deep survival with SI that have much more HP as a team then i don't see why a normal VS game should be any difficult..

5. FrontRaptor

FrontRaptor Junior Member

sorry but shit new system dont teamwork dont fun

6. kaos-

kaos- MG Donor

lol this is gonna take a while for everyone to get used to. i think theres gonna be a lot of people getting left 4 dead. at least, for a little while heeh.

7. joerve

joerve Senior Member

I agree with raised in hell. Everybody just got lazy with the selfrevive. This one forces you to cooperate, if not your team will lose.

Yeah sure 1 or 2 rushers will make it, but you will lose to a team which cooperates.

8. evilpaul

evilpaul <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I'm willing to give it a chance, but all I've seen on AU VS so far is lots of rushing and teamswitching.

Time to jump on the mic and team chat and start encouraging proper teamwork instead of relying on some kind of hivemind to coalesce.

9. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

thats because its AI in helms deep, there is no smart and creative human players playing as infected..

AI smoker just stand there when they grab a survivor.. if its a player playing as infected, they definitely drag that guy ass all the way to starting point in any vs map if possible.. and with their usual added sarcasm "WEEEEEEEEEE" while dragging the survivor.. and spitter never go on hiding once they spit, while a player would do so if they play as infected..

and considering that more players are complaining that there is more rush than before due to the revive changes... a lone player would be wise to keep on moving forward rather than trying to save a player that is caught alone at the back with the possibility of several other SI waiting for you to make the rescue..

i personally dont mind rescuing the player if theres a backup.. but going alone is risky with the new revival changes.. and especially players that are playing as the main, would be wise for the main to move forward to win the points for the team..

but like honor said, this is just a trial of the new system.. its not like only a select few of players are affected.. all players are affected by the changes.. so once its your turn to be infected.. dont screw it up then.. kill as many survivors as you can.. lol..

10. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

yup, aus is starting to be another hongkong server.. some of the players dare to go against the admin when they are wrong in the first place.. 10 vs 5.. lol

11. Kitties

Kitties Head Administrator

Well, I played my first game on versus with the new self-revive system in place, and despite all the complaining i've seen on here, I don't find it so bad. The new system actually requires teamwork and communication, more so than the old system. I had the good fortune to play with a good team, so I was able to see an example of the new system promoting teamwork, but I also saw some times where people were left in the back out of pure laziness, or for "saving your own skin" reasons. All in all, I had fun with my first experience. I was even able to 2-man it from the very back with null, while the infected team tried to kill us, to the end saferoom, which was rather satisfying.

If I had to sum up my thoughts, i'd say this new system is beneficial in that it promotes teamwork, but detrimental in that if the teamwork wasn't there to begin with (old system), it'll probably be there less so with the new system. It makes the adage "Mains are all that matter" even more relevant. Our general strategy during the game was "Mains up front, leave some others up front to protect them, and the rest stay back as bait", and it worked wonders.

12. joerve

joerve Senior Member

People will eventually find out that with this system, if you rush, you die.

They just need to figure that out :)

Besides, you can always get the knife buff, then you can stille escape one time

13. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

Is it possible to add more knifes to one's account? IF yes then have you guys thought about selling knifes in the store? E.g. get 3 knifes per round and i'm sure people will buy them because of this new system.

14. joerve

joerve Senior Member

Nah, We got rid of selfrevive when attacked to improve teamplay. If we do this its the same as before.
    Besides, I don't like the idea that storecustomers have an advantage over normal users.

I think every buff you can buy should be possible to earn in a normal game.
    There are too many examples of games which died because the host sold customer-only items.

The store really is for the people who dont have time or patience to collect all items with playing

15. joerve

joerve Senior Member

LOL, I went an played an hour with the new selfrevive and it didnt take me long to discover how lazy people got with the selfrevive.

The highlevels used to survive only because of the selfrevive, and now that its taken away every rusher dies. Not because it is impossible, but just because they rush and think they will survive and they don't cooperate.

If people only cooperate for 2 seconds, their survivalodds will rise with a huge percentage. But they dont.
    And now they die. And now they complain in this forum rolfmao. They totally forgot the games purpose.

Also I think its better for new players, now highlevels depend on lowlevels more more survival,

And new infected players can kill people too now.

16. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Junior Member

Maybe add an upgrade to the knife buff to add 1 extra knife. This way if you use it at the beginning because of boomer you're not totally screwed for the rest of the entire round. Aside from that I'm all for punishing rushers.

17. Tracer

Tracer MG Donor

Yep, this self-revive is really lame. I learned today not to go back and help people with this new change. I go from 3rd in front, all the way toward the back to help a guy who is lingering in the back and struggling, and 1 charger charges me, and even though you have a med-kit, I die because I can't self-revive. And my motivation, was to go to the back to HELP a guy. This new system teaches people NOT to go back and help.

Now with no self-revive for the most part, I won't go back and help again, and I won't leave the safe room to go back and help either.

Super lame nerf. Why not just REWARD people with more points then they shoot zombies off people, pick people up, heal them, give them pills, etc. Stuff like this with the self-revive nerf, means now I can't go back and help people since a health pack is useless now. I notice that there are a bunch of people complaining on the servers and on this forum, but the main people supporting it on this thread, are, guess what, admins. Let's hope you guys come to your senses.

By the way, people seem to rush even more now, since nobody wants to get caught at the back since there is NO escape now if you get caught, where as before at least it was balanced regarding survivor/infected.

Really sucky change. Makes me want to just go play Brink or check out other L4D2 servers, which is not what the MG community needs is people leaving or just moving on after a change that's mostly unwanted by most people.

18. Kitties

Kitties Head Administrator

That has nothing to do with it. My opinions on the matter are irrespective of my admin status.

19. vishus puss

vishus puss MG Donor

I've been playing some PR recently, and I'd just like to post some factual crap about what I've learned since... Please note these are just regular players saying things and I doubt that it matters anyway.

Many people do actually complain about the nerfing of self-res. It has NOT stopped rushing at all though, at least in US PR VS. I'm totally indifferent to it though, seeing as how I started playing PR about when it got changed.

A semi-different complaint, (which I find valid (end BS opinion)), is the fact that MG keeps changing everything around in the PR VS server which keeps players in the dark. Many players say since everything gets changed so often and randomly that they find it hard to keep up with the changes! While this is a good thing, it also has its badside too. Maybe better documentation should be in game (HTML link?), or do updates only once a month? At least players will be knowledgeable about what's going on and not be surprised by some nerf or OP of something.

One thing is for sure: PR is way more rush than VI. I guess being able to run at 50 mph makes it alot easier. The low levels usually get left behind while the high levels rush together, and any SI who tries to stop them gets met by 3 or 4 80+ leveled rushers. VI has rushers that don't stand a chance against SI. So what makes PR rushers so much better compared to VI rushers? VI has kit self-res and still rushers rarely do any good there.

My worthless two cents? Intensify the CI so hordes are much bigger and make two different servers, one for <50 and another for >50. Or something like that. A low level can die EASILY while his teammates are boomered and blinded in about 5 seconds flat. Can't really do much about it either...

Kinda ranting unrelated but sorry, just thought I'd post for some unknown reason.

20. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Interesting and agreed.
    Versioning is not as simple as one can imagine, and I think that you should leave bugs as is until the next version is stable enough to release.
    PR updates are here, basic information here. THere is a !changelog trigger that works, but checking it in-game now just tells me the version number and it's an Experimental Version... Having an actual changelog with the most recent changes would be better, so people can keep up to date with the latest modifications in the RPG system, without even having to leave the current game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.