1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Self Revive changes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HonorCode, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HonorCode

HonorCode Head Administrator Staff Member

In order to increase teamplay across our servers, we will implement the following changes on the "Self Revive" system.

-In order to successfully use the self revive fuction, you must not be trapped by special infected, this means that the feature will no longer kill the special infected upon usage. Teammates will have to atleast release the special infected from you. This will be applied aswell when you revive another incapacitated teammate with pain pills or adrenaline shots.

-While using the self-revive feature, you wont be able to crawl. This means that your glow will become visible to infected.

For Points Reloaded Servers:

-Self revive will no longer revive all the teammates around if a certain skill is in possesion. Reviving another teammates will not be affected aswell.

This changes will be visible on the servers as soon as they are bug-free and ready to be put live.

Thanks for your attention, have fun.

Honor.

2. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Glad to see you're working on the kinks and bugs behind these skills, but I've got a question!
    When you say self revive AOE won't work if a certain skill is in possession, don't you mean UNLESS a certain skill is in possession ?

Thanks for the clear up :D

3. HonorCode

Nah, i mean that if players have the "Extended Hand" skill, it wont affect players around.

4. Raised in Hell

Raised in Hell Senior Member

So extended hand skill won't work now?

5. HonorCode

It will, only if a standing (Non-incapacitated) player revives another incapacitated player.

Using the self-revive feature, will only revive yourself. Using the team-revive feature (incapped -> incapped using pills) will only revive the targetted user.

6. Raised in Hell

Ok, makes sense.

7. Nova

Nova Senior Member

At least it's clear. I'll obviously be more careful when using pills or adrenaline, get the highest level in the group up (provided he isn't a non-team-friendly player) so he can use his Extended Hand and help all of us up.

Strategy be strategy.

8. The Real Youngblood

The Real Youngblood Game Server Moderator

Interesting. It reminds when I first started playing on MG. I like it. Much more of a team focus.

9. Raised in Hell

My only concern about this is, will there actually be more team play involved or would you just die because a SI has got you and your team left you to die even though you have a medkit which would be a complete waste coz you cant self-revive in that situation.

10. Tyler

Tyler Member

As long as self-revive works all the time when it is *suppose* to work I'll be happy - using it and actually not getting up always sucked big time...

And I never understood why self-reviving using a med-kit killed the SI on you... reviving yourself sure... but the SI should have just been knocked back, maybe stunned for a second, but not insta-killed.

11. Raised in Hell

The downside of not being able to use your med kit to kill the SI would be is when a smoker has pulled you a long way back then i doubt your team mates will go all the way back to help you or when a charger charges you in a open space where he can charge you quite far away then you can be sure that your a dead man.

12. Sounds good! No more landing a hunt in the back and having to jump off him every time you think he starts using his kit :P

13. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

I'm not a PR player (plan to at some point but waiting for it be more stable), but seems to me that having the medkits not kill off the SI wont make much difference in game play with players that only care about their own survival for the sake of earning points or gems or toasters or whatever trinkets you all lust for.

Seems to me that the only way to encourage team play is to reward team play. In other words, players get big points bonuses for getting a fellow survivor up, or for killing an SI that has a hold of a teammate, or healing a teammate, or a team bonus to everyone that makes into the saferoom with large multipliers for larger number of players surviving (and conversely little bonus for just a couple). You could tweak the points earned for other solo point earning actions to keep the leveling rate to about the same as current.

If it turns out that all of this is already going on and still no teamwork... well then I'm thinking there's no hope for PR teamplay.

14. Nova

Nova Senior Member

Despite the concerns about nonexistent teamplay at some points, there are still a lot of good team players on PR. You should come check it out Bonekeep, try it a few times, and spot who the good guys are.

Sometimes I see poor teamplay, sometimes I see extremely good teamplay, although it's not perfect and we're trying to set things into motion to value teamwork in a round, people just need to learn the value their team mates have.

15. Bonekeep

Bonekeep Guest

I'm not checking it out till I see an end to the "my stats got fucked" threads LOL! I see a lot of talk about what to do to improve teamplay and I thought I'd add my thoughts. I'm sure it's not as bad as some posts make it out to be, but if it can be coded into the game to reward keeping your fellow survivors alive, then everyone wins. As it is, once a player levels to a certain point, it seems that he has little point value incentive to help teammates. So why not give those high levels big point incentives. Maybe make a server where that's the only way to earn your points, instead of tying into kills. Just thinking...

16. Tyler

Tyler Member

The only thing that I think would encourage teamplay is to give a bonus exp/points when X number of survivors stick together. Whether it's per action or overtime... so for example if there's 6 survivors sticking together within a certain radius of each other they're getting a bonus exp/point per second/kill, etc

17. Raised in Hell

I like this idea of getting more exp or other bonuses when you kill a SI who is attacking your team mate, reviving someone and for healing someone because first i would go back and help whenever i could thinking i have my kit so if i do get in trouble, i can always use my kit to kill the SI but now i will think 2-3times and to be honest, i'll probably won't help as much unless i have few other players going back to help me to save the person in trouble because if i go on my own and get smoked or a hunter pounces me then i'm dead too so i do have to be a little selfish and think about myself as well.

18. littlebrother

littlebrother MG Donor

lol, helms deep gonna be more challenging once this new update is uploaded.. lol..

19. paingiver

paingiver Junior Member

I dont like this new update. People seem to rush more then teamwork. I try to help the people behind, but after reviving them they just run pass you. So now i just help the infect gain more exp.

20. Raised in Hell

Is it also going to be the same for Helms Deep? That means the win rate will be low now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.