1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Scheduled restart changes

Discussion in 'DayZ Servers' started by marvel, Dec 26, 2012.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

There have been some changes to the scheduled restarts.

- Server will be locked 2 minutes prior to the restart (instead of 5).
    - Warning will be given of a scheduled restart, 2 minutes prior to the restart.
    - Last warning will be given one minute prior to the restart.
    - Restarts occur every 8 hours now (instead of every 4).

Restart time schedule: 10:00 am, 6:00 pm (18:00) and 2:00 am.

2. Blackf00t

Blackf00t Guest

Every 8 hours is bad for the loot in my opinion.......... what's the reason to change the restarts?

3. Mine also, with there being lack of numbers on the server the restarts gives you a chance of contact with other player, if you move the restart times this limites that chance now I think you may possibly lose some of your loyal players you alteady have. when you should be trying to attract new players.

also what happened to the secondary spawn points?

4. NSG

NSG Junior Member

These servers have a very limited amount of players on, MGFTW needs to attract more players that is not going to happen when the come on a server where all crash sites will be looted 5 times over. Which will happen because in 8 hours the few regular players you still have will have enough time to visit each crash site 3 times over.

Besides the only thing some of us regular players can do is loot crash sites because there is noone online to even shoot at.
    So now instead of loging on every 4 hours we do it every 8 hours.

This is not a wise decision and you should bring restarts back to every 4 hours.

5. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

The loot spawn system will change in 1.7.5 anyway where it should not depend on restarts anymore. Besides I see no point in looting chopper crash sites every 4 hours all over again.

And yes I'm aware of the currently limited amount of players but that's because a) we run expert mode and b) we run a whitelist server.

If we want more players we'll probably have to ditch both, however I think Day Z standalone will come sooner or later and then we'll probably go public hive again.

6. So have you any ideas for a short term solution?