1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget to connect your Steam account to your forum profile. Click here to do this now or click your name in the right-top corner and choose 'External Accounts'.

Discord Clock Channel for World Time, Event Coutdown and more..

Discussion in 'Suggestions Box' started by Biscince, Feb 20, 2020.

?

Would you want this functionality in mgftw discord's server?

1. Yes, I would.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. I don't mind.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No, it is fine like it is.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My answer is below !

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Biscince

Biscince New Member

Hello !

Since the mgftw community is world-wide (EU, NA, ASIA), I think it could be a great idea to add a bot / a function that runs every minute and display the real time in every country to multiple channels.

As an example, I'll take the Honkai Impact's Discord Server.

[​IMG]

First line isn't mandatory, but 2nd and 5th could be used to set EU/NA/ASIA time.
    You can also create a daily countdown for quest reset, so people don't need to type !quest everytime to check, or a countdown for scenario in weekend?

I'll try to search for some open-source bot that could help to implement that later if needed.

Feel free to answer the poll!

NB : We could also add roles, that members can attribute themselves to tell other, what timezone they are.

See you in-game :p

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. Mwthorn

Mwthorn New Member

I think it would probably be better to just have it all in one text channel instead of multiple voice channels. I personally think embeds can display these countdowns and other information in a more structured way.
    The text channel can have multiple embeds if more information needs to be shown, maybe stats from https://mgftw.gameme.com/ ?

Below is just an example of how it would look.
    [​IMG]

timkit and Biscince like this.
  3. timkit

timkit MG Donor

I could probably see this working incase anyone wanted to find out about anything that was going on within mgftw more easily.

Biscince likes this.