1. Click here to join our community discord server.

RESERVED GUILD TAGS

Discussion in 'Clan Introduction & Recruitment' started by Stefeman, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

Done & Done...fixed STARS too..

2. hi i changed my guild tag to [?] can someone add this plz tia.

3. Cocaine

...done

4. Rising

Rising MG Donor

My Guild: Rising Dead
    Guild Tag's: |RD| or |?D|

Thanks !

5. erik

erik MG Donor

Please reserve the symbol [?] for Tali's new guild "All Star Mafia."

Enjoy your success w/ your new clan,

6. Cocaine

Done....please leave a Link to your Guild Thread.

I will fix asap the broken characters......

7. erik

erik MG Donor

If you could fix the broken font/character issue, that would be absolutely fucking fantastic! lol

You'd make a LOT of people happy on here, dude!

PS - Tali said they don't have one running yet.

8. Cocaine

Well, the major problem is, i have no idea what character the guilds using....its all broken.

The best is, all leader would be posting again the tage they are using.

9. erik

erik MG Donor

Are you saying you're going to repair the font/character issue on the site, or you just meant this thread?

10. Cocaine

Well i assume it already work, because the last Tags i added are not broken, "just" the ones they were there before the Forum Update.

11. NoWomanNoCry

NoWomanNoCry Member

Sorry, guys, for asking a stupid question, but does anybody else see squares instead of text in the guild tags? :( I don't know why, but all the tags look like little boxes for me :( Probably i am missing some fonts or smth. and it's prety annoying, especially while playing. The only way i can see those simbols properly is on steam's community window or profile window. However, when i go to steam's settings to change my nickname, well the wild boxes appear again... and same bs while playing, even searching in this forum :(

12. Captain Obviuos

Captain Obviuos MG Donor

Yes, in-game and on Steam all of our tags are correct, only on this forum are they all little rhombuses with question marks inside them. I am attempting to show our guild tag here:

|?è???.|

*EDIT* Now it looks normal, at least to me....

13. Steph

Steph Game Server Moderator

14. erik

erik MG Donor

15. erik

erik MG Donor

I helped someone else who had this... and this is the "how to" I saved that worked for them.

If ur seeing boxes for special characters...

You may want to check the configuration of the game and ensure the encoding is allowing for UTF-8 characters. If it is not add that in and relaunch the game. Without UTF-8 character encoding they'll only appear with your normal character set.

Ensure you make a backup copy of the config file before modifying just in case. Change where it says 'Encoding' to read UTF-8 from whatever it is set for currently. Ur setup as UTF-8 without BOM i think.

--should be located in your steamapps folder under "left4dead2." usual place it would be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps . The file should be located under the 'left4dead2' folder from there. Just use a normal editor to modify it & save it.

16. Cocaine

added resurrrrr...

one day we have to do a clean out....cant believe all guilds are still active

17. erik

erik MG Donor

We're holding at a list of 97 guilds in the db since we started having guilds to begin with.

18. lukemurawski

lukemurawski Senior Member

Hmm... there should be a easier way :P

You guys want me to code it so that the guild leader can just set a symbol for their guild, and only players who are in that guild can use that particular symbol? Players who aren't in the guild will show a name without the symbol. Although if you want me to do this, you need to wait till May 11.

19. erik

erik MG Donor

Cool idea, but help me w/ some bugs first :D