1. Click here to join our community discord server.

rdsnet.ro players blocked.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by marvel, Jun 17, 2010.

1. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

This is a follow up to the other post (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52) but I wanted to make a new announcement to make it clear for everybody.

The guy that started this post is connecting from rdsnet.ro. A Romanian ISP. He's bugging me for quite some time now and tries everything he can to do damage to MG. I already emailed rdsnet.ro about this 3 times now, but I never got any reply.

So I'm sorry if you are connecting through rdsnet.ro, but since rdsnet doesn't do anything about their abusive clients we have no other option then to block the entire RDSNet.ro IP-range on our firewall. It's a shame that the good need to suffer off the bad (like always) but rdsnet doesn't give us any choice.

If you run a whois on rdsnet you get this back:

Code:
    remarks:        +--------------------------------------------------------------+
    remarks:        |    ABUSE CONTACT: [email][email protected][/email] IN CASE OF HACK ATTACKS,  |
    remarks:        |    ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, VIOLATION, SCANS, PROBES, SPAM, ETC.    |
    remarks:        | !! PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT OTHER PERSONS FOR THESE PROBLEMS !! |
    remarks:        +--------------------------------------------------------------+

But yet, after mailing them three times they still don't feel like taking it serious at all, even a reply back that they're not going to take any action seems already too much effort.

So if you are on rdsnet.ro and you can't connect. Mail RDSNET, its their fault, or even better, switch ISP.

2. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

Re: rdsnet.ro players blocked.

Iv tryed geting in contact with rdsnet.ro sevral times befor too, with no reply, it is a shame, but what else can we do since rdsnet.ro fails to act.

3. SuperBunny

SuperBunny Guest

I have just tryed to contact rdsnet.ro yet again, to see if they will do any thing on this matter, untill then, well ... you know what will happen

4. marvel

marvel Head Administrator Staff Member

Yeah it's a shame but not surprising, I checked and it's really a huge ISP. I think one of the biggest in Romania. Anyway since the attacker is using a lot of different ranges from rdsnet.ro, I blocked all rdsnet.ro ranges.

If you google for rdsnet.ro you can see it's a ISP that host a lot of spammers, hackers etc. and they don't care at all and let their clients do as they like so I don't feel bad about blocking them.

In the meantime I keep watching the firewall logs for any attacks. If there's an attack I'll block the IP and inform their ISP.