1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Question/Request

Discussion in 'Game Server Ideas' started by TaLi, Oct 12, 2014.

1. TaLi

TaLi Guest

I've noticed friends playing custom campaigns, some said they are bored of the same maps played over and over in normal l4d
    I played Urban Flight with Cobra and it really made me miss the old custom campaign server from over a year ago (back to school, i hate mountains etc)
    I dont remember why it was closed but i was wondering if it could be re-opened with a twist
    there are a lot of Versus custom maps that could be very interesting to play
    maybe make it an event server like the old Helms Deep and keep it running for a specific period of time
    just to change things up a bit
    this is a site with some versus campaigns http://www.gamemaps.com/l4d2/versus/
    if not versus then maybe coop campaigns. maybe have a smaller server this time with only 5-6 rotating maps without !votemap, i think these 2 things contributed to it being closed, lack of players and over-use of the same map over and over. but i do remember players who kept coming back to it daily and admins having great tank events there especially supreme knights and shammys.

thank you for reading,

2. Guest

Guest Guest

There was a custom test server up recently, as well as a custom server event, but unfortunately it seems the maps weren't very stable with the PR mod, making the server crash frequently.

I would love to see even one custom campaign added to the map rotation, but I guess we have to find a campaign that's balanced and stable.