1. Click here to join our community discord server.

Problems with games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yohhimura, Jul 27, 2013.

1. yohhimura

yohhimura Junior Member

i havent been playing for a long while because since november everytime i try to play whatever game i play (even minecraft) my pc resets after some period of time. sometimes its a half hour, sometimes 2 hours. i've updated my drivers, i dont have an original windows 7, so i cant update without problems.

Some people told me to upgrade my case to a gaming case because of the heat, but that is out of the question for now.

I would really appreciate any kind of opinion on what to do.

my specs: CPU: FX6100 Zambezi
    Ram: 4 gb 1600 (running at 1333 dont know why)
    Gpu: XFX Ati Radeon HD 6770 Gddr5

i have my Gpu OC low (700 for Gpu, 1000 for memory)
    and my fan speed is like 60%

Thank you very much for your attention

2. erik

erik MG Donor

Freeware disagnostic / benchmarking software that registers events & changes live will help you narrow it down; make sure what you use is running. The, replicate the issue by trying to game with something light, like Minecraft.

3. Cocaine

Cocaine Head Administrator

Could be a Power Problem, is your Power Suply big enough ?
    Could be also a Heat Prob....

4. yohhimura

yohhimura Junior Member

@Cocaine: i thought about the power supply too, i have a sentey 600W psu, some people say its enough but im not sure i wanted to get a thermaltake but my budget is at 0 at the moment.

@erik: can you recommend me some software to do that, also does it keep working if it crashes and resets my pc?

5. viethai2207

viethai2207 MG Donor

i got the same problem too, its was age ago.
    i playing on my laptop, and its auto shutdown after 30 min or 1hour, or maybe 2.
    when i ask the technician, they told me, because of the heat, my fan is not working,so my laptop get too hot, or something like that,.
    idk what happen to yours, but that is one of my problem long time ago.

i Think you just need buying the new Fan, to cool of ur pc. doesnt need for the new case.
    get the good 1 :D

6. MetallicA

MetallicA <span style="color:#66CD00">Moderator</span>

I got pretty much the same specs and I had this problems aswell.

My cause was heat and OS related. I went for an aftermarket cooler for the CPU and did a clean install of a new OS.

Try w/o OC'ing your GPU. See if it does anything.

Oh and also, if you want to replace the PSU, go for an 80+ (bronze, gold, platinum, silver) one.

7. WeeJocky

WeeJocky Game Server Moderator

My first guess, as has been suggested would be an overheating issue. Even if you cannot get a new case for now, make sure that your current one is clean. Any amount of dust on the case or component fans can absolutely ruin their efficiency.

(advice to everyone) If you keep your computer on the floor (especially on carpet), have pets, smoke in the house or just don't clean very often; make sure to regularly clean out your PC. This goes for laptops too, clean out the heatsink at least once a year (the manual should tell your how to for your model), twice is better. I have known several people who bought brand new laptops to replace relatively new ones because "their old one was broken" and probably half of those just had dust-encrusted heatsinks (the other half seemed to have no knowledge of why anti-virus software is necessary).

/rant

8. yohhimura

yohhimura Junior Member

Thanks to all for the feedback now im almost certain its either the case or the psu so there's nothing much i can do for the moment.
    If my prayers are answered maybe this week i'll be getting a new case as a late birthday gift so if my problems solve with that you'll be seeing me on the servers to try reaching at least 200 for the first time once and for all (it certainly has been a LOOOOONG journey), since i started playing when the top was still 150. Hope to see you guys on soon and thanks again.
    Take care you all.

9. tank

tank MG Donor

Put your GPU fan on 100% when you playing games, its probably card overheated, check your resolution,l4d2 game in options,
    enable multicore rendering since you use amd 3+ core,
    600W POWER should be enough 4 your video card.
    Ram: 4 gb 1600 (running at 1333 dont know why)
    Upgrade your bios to and check if is maybe conflict with your memory RAM installed on your motherboard, check in bios.

if more problems check:
    http://www.xfxsupport.com/

download drivers utilty:
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

10. yohhimura

yohhimura Junior Member

im running most games on 1920x1080, never understood how the multirendering works so i simply left it like medium

as for the bios, im going to do a clean SO formatting cause i dont think the freaking motherboard drivers installed things right, also im gonna go for 64 bit instead of 32 like i am now (before i knew about the 3.25 gigs limitation of 32, but my lazy ass didnt want to reinstall the whole thing up).

i've probably messed up my bios conf cause one time i tried a soft OC i saw on the internet and gettin back was a little tricky (gotta stop patching things with duct tape like i always do and do some freaking honest research before touching things =P).

but i digress, thanks tank for the feedback.

all of you guys rock!

11. IoRuS

IoRuS Junior Member

Hey everyone, yohhimura here, im happy to inform that it was the overheating problem and a new case solve everything, maybe some of you already saw me playing a little cause im still tweeking these things, but i'd like to thank everyone for the support.

See you in-game!!

12. Stefeman

Stefeman Head Administrator Staff Member

Faulty PSU or RAMs or unstable overclocks :P

That's what i would say.